Chapter 20

I slowly gained consciousness as I heard the sound of flames. Immediately the smell of fire hit my nostrils.  I still couldn't control my body which explained why I couldn't wake up.

Am I in hell? So I died?

I tried to recall what had happened. All I remembered was fighting against Zalgo, him stabbing me, and a person saving me.

On cue, I shot my eyes open as I immediately sat up to gasp for air. My head got dizzy from getting up too fast but I ignored it as I tried to recognize where I was. I was in a cave with a bonfire in the center. A red blanket was placed on me but since I sat up, it was now laying on my thighs.

"You should be resting," a voice spoke out.

I turned around to find the owner of the voice. That same blond guy who saved me walked up towards me before sitting in front of me. He had worn black pants, a black hoodie, but what caught my attention was his eyes. They were black but his oval pupils were unnatural. Overall, he looked young around my age.

"Who are you?" I asked before realizing I was alive and unhurt.

I looked down at my stomach and noticed I wasn't bleeding anymore. My wounds didn't hurt as if I never had them.

"I healed your wounds but you still need to rest." He dodged my question.

I shook my head. "You don't understand, I need to go to my  bo- parents before they get worried."

"Slenderman will be glad you're alive but I insist you need to rest." He placed his hand on my shoulder and gently pushed me to the floor. I widen my eyes upon realizing what he had just said.

"How do you know him? Who are you!" I demanded as I propped my body up with my arm. I had to leave now or else Slenderman will be furious. I didn't know what this guy's intentions could be.

He sighed before placing his palm on my forehead and his other hand behind my head. "Rest Y/N. Your wounds will reopen if you don't."

I felt exhaustion take over once again before realizing he had powers and was making me fall asleep.

"No, you don't understand," I muttered as I tried to fight my eyes open. Eventually, I lost and forced my eyes shut.

"I'll take you to the mansion at night when everyone is asleep, I promise."

/~~~/

The sound of crunching leaves woke me up. I didn't know how long I slept but I was still exhausted. I slowly moved my gaze up to see the same person carrying me in his arms in the forest at night.

He felt my gaze on him before he looked down at me with a smile.

"Glad you're awake. Is your room still the same one from when you were little?"

I answered tiredly without thinking much about it. "It's the one in front of it. I changed it."  I gently closed my eyes as I leaned on his chest.

"Sweet, "He chuckled before teleporting to it. He uncovered my sheets from my bed and gently placed me on it. He then covered my body with my F/C sheets.

I was too tired to notice what he was doing around the room but I felt his presence near.

"Before I forget, happy birthday Y/N," he whispered.

I opened my eyes to glance at the clock and read 11:59 pm. The day was about to be over.

"I don't celebrate my birthday," I whispered before closing my eyes to sleep.

/~~~/

The sun rays hit my eyes which stirred me awake. I stretched my arms out before I opened my eyes. I glanced at my clock and read 7:45, fifteen minutes before breakfast started.