Chapter 5

Morning arose and I got ready for the day. I took a quick shower and placed my uniform on.  Today was going to be the day we retrieved L.J, that is if he accepts.

I got out of my room and was about to head to the dining room but I heard another door open. I turned around and got greeted with icy blue eyes. I studied his face and he looked tired. His face didn't scare me like his victims, after all, I knew his backstory. I was aware of the tragic event that resulted in him burning his face.

"So you accepted huh?" I broke the silence. I didn't know if he held a grudge from last night.

He stretched his arms and nodded. "I admit I didn't believe you at first but did once I saw Slenderman when I woke up."

I smirked at his response. "Do you know where the dining room is located?" He only shook his head.

"Alright, follow me then," I said. We both silently walked down the stairs without a word. 

As soon as we were about to step onto the floor he asked, "How long have you been here?"

"A few months after I was born," I answered. I opened the door to the dining room and saw the proxies sitting down while staring at us. We both took a seat and I had to break the tension. "Jeff, meet Masky, Hoodie, and Toby," I said while pointing at them. They all nodded once I said their names.

Soon Slenderman appeared and held 5 dishes.  He set each one in front of us and took a seat in his place at the head of the table.

(...)

After breakfast, Slenderman informed us more about Laughing Jack. Since I held a copy of the information, I was already aware of what we were dealing with. Seeing as we were supposed to go outside during the day, we couldn't wear our masks in public. For Toby's case, he couldn't wear his goggles. His mouthguard was necessary due to the gash on his face.

As we were about to head out the mansion, Jeff came running towards us. "Can I come along? I don't want to be alone here."

I couldn't help but cringe. "No offense Jeff but you don't look human with 'that'" I pointed out while gesturing his face and hoodie. His eyes and mouth would draw attention along with his blood-stained hoodie.

"I can just say it's tie-dyed."

I facepalmed myself and let out a heavy sigh. "What about your face?"

"I can always cover my beautiful face with my hood." He demonstrated by placing his hood up.

"Jeff, you could always wear a spare hoodie," Slenderman said after teleporting next to us. I noticed he had another white hoodie but was blood-stained free.

"Aww hell yeah."

(...)

We made our way towards a carnival. Slenderman stated Laughing Jack killed children so I assume he surely has a secretive place here.

"How the hell are we supposed to find a specific clown when they're everywhere?" Jeff spoke out.

He stood beside me while looking down just so no one would notice his features. The other proxies were behind us but not so close seeing as it could draw attention.

"He looks like an emo clown which shouldn't be hard to find seeing as every clown here is rainbowy. I wouldn't be surprised if people confused you over a clown based on your face." I joked.

He scoffed at me. "At least I don't look like a wannabe ninja with that uniform you wore last night."

I immediately grabbed his hoodie and made him look at me. "I was trained to be an assassin, not a ninja so don't you dare get them confused," I warned him.