Chapter 49

Slenderman woke up with shock as yesterday's events immediately flooded through his head. He noticed right away that he no longer had wounds, they were completely healed.

He didn't understand why seeing as he used his remaining strength to heal his former proxy. He was surprised that he was even alive. Never mind that, how's Y/N and how did Y/N return to the mansion? Zalgo made it clear she wouldn't be able to escape unless he was bluffing. Although, that still didn't explain how she arrived here.

He found himself teleported to her room. E.J was sitting down on her chair, writing some notes. Splendor and Offender were sitting on a small couch on the side while Trender was sitting next to her unconscious figure on the bed.

"How is she?" He broke the silence, causing them to jump.

"Thanks, brother, for healing my wounds," Offender mocked him.

Slenderman titled his head. From what they knew, Slenderman was the most powerful out of the four and was the only one with healing powers. "How did you heal me? You don't have healing abilities."

"I'm surprised I have healing abilities as well." Offender stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You have a lot to explain, like why did you choose to stay and fight Zalgo when Y/N was already here?"

"Zalgo made it clear she wouldn't be able to leave the underworld so I was fighting him. I didn't know she had already returned. If she was conscious when she was brought back, I would be able to see it." Slenderman walked around her bed to be on her side.

He felt guilty his actions had led her to this. If only he had trusted her, she wouldn't be in this situation. Zalgo could have been killed after their first battle and they could have been happy together. All the pain she went through was because of his mistakes. She had paid the price.

He sighed as he placed a hand on her forehead before he saw her last moments. He witnessed how Zalgo brutally whipped her in a dark room, and how he punished her for every single mistake she made in the underworld. He eventually dropped her on the floor when he arrived in the underworld. Zalgo taunted her before leaving the room. She was awake when she heard a door opening, but that's when she finally passed out. Someone must have brought her back.

Slenderman took a step back, taking his hand off as he looked at her in shock. He couldn't believe Zalgo had done that after he had confessed he cared for her when they fought. There was no way he can make it up to her after what she had experienced.

He snapped his head toward E.J. "What's her state?"

"She's in a coma. She lost a lot of blood and her blood pressure was extremely high. We're extremely fortunate. If she had been brought later, she would have died."

Slenderman sighed as he glanced at the machines around her. From the IV fluid to the ventilator to the nasal cannula she had underneath her nose, they were all a reminder of how close to dying she was. He wishes he could go back and make her immortal.

"What did you see?" Offender, who stood behind him, asked.

"Zalgo hurt her and teased her about how he could bring her back to life if she died. He left her alone after I arrived, but she wasn't awake when she was brought back." He glanced at his brothers before looking back at her. "I have a bad feeling about this. I worry if Zalgo will return to fetch her now that I completely lost access to the under realm and wouldn't be able to rescue her. From now on, I don't want her to be in this room by herself. I want at least two pastas to be supervising her."

"We wouldn't mind watching over her." Trender stood up. "After all, that's what we've done since she returned."

"Have you gotten some sleep at least?"