Chapter 45

My eyes fluttered open to look at the ceiling. I yawned as I turned around to fall asleep again. As soon as all the events from yesterday flooded my mind, my eyes shot open to read the clock.

12 pm

"Shit!" I yelped as I threw the covers and sat up. I winced as my head was spinning and it showed no signs of stopping. I felt completely fatigued with no energy.

As much as my body begged me to stay in bed,  I knew I couldn't stay here because there was a chance Dark was about to go on his mission and I needed to distract Zalgo. Without trouble, I was somehow able to leave the room. 

My heart was beating fast as I used my hands to balance myself on the walls. I was barely halfway there when I felt my body wanting to collapse. I kept reminding myself that the pasta's lives were at stake here. Dark was also depending on me so I can't let him down either.

Now and then, my head throbbed to the point it was too much. I'd groan or even cry out in pain.

I was near the throne room when one of Zalgo's guards spotted me.

"My Queen!" He exclaimed as he ran towards me. "Lord Zalgo mentioned you're supposed to be resting in your chamber!"

"Take me to Zalgo," I whispered as I closed my eyes. My dizziness had been unbearable.

The guard used one of my arms to wrap around his neck while I held the wall with my other to hold my balance. The second guard opened the door for us once we were close.

I finally opened my eyes and saw both Zalgo and Dark looking at me. I made it on time.

"Y/N? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in bed." Zalgo's voice echoed throughout the room.

I thanked the guard before proceeding to walk on my own. My vision blurred which made me lose my balance. Zalgo teleported to me to catch me in time before dismissing the guards.

"I need to talk to you." I weakly looked him in the eyes.

"But Dark Link has a mission, my dear. Are you sure it can't wait?"

I shook my head which made him sigh. "I suppose I could watch him from a distance."

"I'm just killing a girl, I doubt I'll ever need help," Dark pointed out.

"Yes, but I still need to see when you're done so that I can teleport you here." Zalgo sat on his throne making me sit on his lap. He secured my back with his left hand while he summoned a portal with his right. "Go. I will teleport you back when you're done."

Dark nodded before disappearing inside the portal. Zalgo then replaced the portal with the golden orb that allowed him to spy on Dark.

He turned his head to look at me. "So why was talking to me so important than your rest, my love?"

"Because I can't deal with this anymore. I hate feeling weak," I softly answered.

"You were taught that there was nothing more dangerous to a warrior than emotions by Slenderman. You grew up with the mindset of always being stronger than your enemy where there was no space for weaknesses. I'm here to tell you that there's nothing wrong with that, but there is a way to speed up the process." He grabbed my chin and made me look up at him. "Your body is fighting the spell off, but if you submit to me, the pain will go away."

"But I don't want to kill the pastas," I cried as I felt my eyes watery. "I want them to be safe, especially Sally. I don't care about Slenderman's life."

Zalgo looked at me with sympathy as he wiped my tears away. He was silent for about a minute before he responded. "I guess I don't have any issues with the pastas. My main focus was on killing Slenderman." He caressed my cheek as he was lost in thought again. "Tell you what, if you submit to me right now, I promise I won't allow you to kill the pastas. I can't promise you about Slenderman seeing as he's been my enemy for centuries and sent you on two suicide missions but I'll try to control myself."