Chapter 16

I couldn't properly sleep at night. It wasn't because I slept on the couch, I was already used to it. For the whole night, I felt as if Derek was still biting into my neck even though he was passed out on the bed. This sensation lasted for a few hours until I finally drifted off to sleep.

Since I didn't close the curtains, the sun rays hit my eyes, causing me to stir up. I was wearing my night clothes so I had to change before Derek woke up.

I tiptoed upstairs making sure I wouldn't wake him up. I slowly opened our shared closet and pulled out a nude turtle neck, black dressing pants, and a suit with matching heels. As soon as I was ready, I sat on the bed and shook Derek awake.

As he stirred, a realization came to my mind. Offenderman's injection was supposed to make the person think they slept together. I have been using it on Derek for three times, completely forgetting the fact the removal of clothes was necessary to...

Derek turned around to look at me and smiled. Immediately he closed his eyes and held his head in pain.

"Do you want me to hand you painkillers?" I asked with a concerned tone to hide my fear.

"Yes dove, it appears I might have drunk a little too much"

"A little?" I chuckled. "Give me a minute."

As I was going downstairs my eyes widened in fear. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought about that. I went to the kitchen and grabbed two Advil pills along with a glass of water. I stared at it as I was lost in my thoughts.

Derek's phone call from two nights ago came up in my mind. He mentioned something about taking me somewhere today and making sure I didn't suspect a thing. Did he found out about my true identity? If that was the case, then I had to be ready to escape wherever he was taking me. His shipment was what worried me. I had to find out what it was and possibly get rid of it before I leave.

Before I took a step on the first stair, I remembered what occurred last night. Rachel's death could postpone the plan where he was taking me.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and headed upstairs where Derek was sitting on the bed.

"Here you go, love," I said as I handed him the pills and water. I realized this was the first time I called him something else than Derek.

As if he was thinking the same thing, he smiled when he heard what I called him. "Thanks, babe," he said before grabbing the pills and water from my hands. He gave me a small peck on the cheek.

He was way more gentle when he was sober. My fear slowly dissolved as I assured myself he wouldn't do anything to me in this state.

"Do you want to shower while I pick your clothes?" I offered.

He raised one of his eyebrows. "You're being nicer than you usually are this morning." He pointed out.

"Well you have a headache so I thought it would be right for me to help you with something," I explained. It was a lie. I wanted him to believe that I loved him.

"You could help me out in something else," he winked before laughing as he stood up to go to the bathroom. "Can you pick out similar clothes to yours? I want us to match again."

"Definitely!" I yelled to make sure he had heard me from the bathroom. "I'm definitely going to kill you, you lunatic," I whispered.

/~~~/

"She what!" Jeff yelled across the dining room after he heard what Ben had announced.

"She's alive. I saw her through security cameras." Ben repeated.