Chapter 25

Punch after punch, I let all of my frustration out on a black punching bag. I felt no pain whatsoever seeing as a hundred thoughts swirled around my head.

Clearly, it was too much for me to handle. Everything crashed down at the last minute. I felt that Zalgo was no longer the only threat in my life. If what Zen said was true, it's only a matter of time before I die on a mission or Slenderman kills me.

I narrowed my eyes as another thought was added to the rest of them. Earlier on, I had to report back to Slenderman about our mission's success. The only issue was, I was afraid I accidentally opened up my mind and Slenderman would have known everything.

My gaze landed on Slenderman's eyes' as I stated the patrol report.  "Our patrol was a success. Hoodie and I had no encounters with any humans or Zalgo. Masky killed five teenagers who were close to the mansion while Toby killed two. They made sure to hide their bodies."

Slenderman had his hands folded as he listened.

"Very well. I may have to cut your patrols short seeing as too many bodies are being reported as missing and we cannot afford authorities in the forest. From now on, everyone will be on the lookout in the forest for any signs of Zalgo or humans. You will only engage if it's necessary whether your cover would be blown or they're dangerously close to the mansion, is that understood?"

I silently gulped before nodding my head. My first thought was about Zen. Anyone would have thought he was human if they saw him and would try to attack him. If Zen disappears, then they would report it to Slenderman and hell would break loose.

"Do you want me to pass the word or will you announce it to the others?" I asked.

"I'll announce it when training starts. I'll need your assistance to demonstrate a few things in front of the others. That reminds me, we're all gathering behind the mansion in an hour for training." 

I growled as I started to get frustrated with myself. I should have been careful in front of Slenderman. I shouldn't think about Zen whenever Slenderman mentions missions in the forest.

I wouldn't have been in this situation if I killed Zalgo when I had the chance. I was too fucking weak to even touch him.

Before I knew it, the punching bag was laying on the ground. I stared at it with hatred as I tried to catch my breath.

"I thought training doesn't begin till a few minutes," I heard a voice from behind.

I rolled my eyes before turning around to face Masky. Never in my life have I ever felt so much hatred towards him.

"Have you ever heard of fucking knocking?" I snapped as I was taking the edge of my white bandages off my hand with my mouth. 

"I think it's entertaining how you're able to contain your emotions to yourself besides anger," he chuckled. "Need any help?"

I scoffed. "I don't recall asking for your comment nor your help." I walked to my gym bag to put the bandage inside before unfolding the other one. "I encourage you to keep your mouth shut if you don't want to have any issues."

"Is that a threat?" He asked unamused as he folded his arms in front of his chest.

"Take it however you want," I said as I carried my gym bag and walked in front of him.

"Our training starts in a few minutes. I better see you in the backyard," I softly spoke before I started to walk away.

"You bet I'll be there princess."

I growled and immediately I kicked him behind the knees so that he fell on the floor. I couldn't help but slightly smirk at him laying on the cold hard floor.