Chapter 50

I woke up and heard a radio playing. Immediately, I noticed I was in a car on a freeway early in the afternoon. I was sitting on the passenger side.

"You're finally awake babe, you had me worried for a few hours."

I turned my head to look at a guy about my age. He had blue eyes, a sharp jawline, and long blond locks that reached his neck. He concentrated on the road ahead before he glanced at me with a smile.

I looked down at my clothing and noticed I had regular human clothes such as jeans and a tank top. I didn't understand. Was everything just a dream?

A yawn escaped from my mouth as I tried putting the pieces together. How was I here if the last thing I remember I was in the under realm? Who was this guy?

"We didn't do anything last night and you're still tired?" He asked with an amused tone. I subconsciously slapped him on the shoulder. I didn't realize I had done it until after. "Just saying baby, imagine when we're finally living together. Every night is going to be a blast! I'm still surprised your dad is willing to pay for our apartment while we're in college."

I stared at him as I figured we were both going to the same college. This meant everything was a dream and I was back to reality.

"I just had a never-ending nightmare," I groaned as I leaned my head back. I still couldn't remember what had happened but decided to push that to the side.

"Wanna share?" He asked as he exited the freeway.

I slowly opened my eyes as I looked at the red stoplight in front of us.

"Slenderman murdered my parents and I became a killer who gathered more murderers to kill a demon named Zalgo."

He burst out laughing as he held the wheel in place.

"Aaron, it's not funny!" I groaned. "Zalgo was obsessed with me. When we fought him, the others got hurt but me. I agreed to stay with him so he could spare them. He cast a spell on me, a girl named Sally broke it, then he whipped me and I think he killed me."

He calmed himself before glancing at me. "Sorry beautiful, that's just the weirdest dream I've ever heard of."

I rolled my eyes as I looked through the side window as he continued driving. We were silent for a few minutes as the music continued playing. "It just seemed so real." We were about a block away from home when I straighten up. "I want ice cream," I muttered.

He gently squeezed my thigh with his right hand. "Don't worry, mon amour. We'll get you ice cream after we return your stuff home."

As soon as my house was in sight, I noticed my parents were in front of the garage holding a welcome back sign.

"Oh my God," I muttered as I tried to hide underneath the panel. Aaron chuckled as he pulled into the driveway.

Aaron got out of the car before he opened the door for me. He helped me get out of the car with my parents giggling in the background.

"Welcome home sweetheart!" My mom exclaimed as she embraced me.

"We were only gone for a week mom." I smiled as I closed my eyes. Words couldn't explain how happy I was that I didn't have a demon after me. I was surrounded by my loved ones and that's all that mattered.

"But soon you'll go to college sunshine," dad pointed out before embracing us, leaving Aaron out.

"I'm feeling the love guys," he sniffled, wiping his cheek as if tearing up.

"Come on kiddo, you're technically part of the family." Dad rolled his eyes. Aaron happily hugged us. We stayed like that in peace for a few seconds before we pulled away.