Chapter 54

Slenderman kept sobbing as he held his former proxy in his arms. He couldn't deny that his past actions led up to this and now there was nothing to do to bring her back.

He tried to control his sobs as he looked at her peaceful expression. Just how much did she have to endure so she can finally be at peace?

Glancing up at the pastas, the realization hit him that they weren't safe here. Zalgo's souls now roamed free and would destroy the world. He looked up only to see a clear sky, his souls weren't out yet.

"We have to go back to the mansion," he muttered before getting up with Y/N in his arms. Not once had he held her like this and now it had been too late.

Going back to the mansion meant he had to deal with his brothers' fury. He couldn't bear seeing his brothers in pain once they see Y/N like this, but he couldn't hide it forever. After all, they were waiting for him to bring their niece back safe and alive.

Sally was also waiting for him. How was he supposed to explain to her that the person who brought her to the mansion was dead? She would no longer see her sister because he couldn't protect her from Zalgo. He couldn't bear to imagine her reaction either.

Without taking his gaze off her, he made sure his tentacles all touched the pastas before teleporting them to the entrance of the mansion.

He stayed quiet as he stared at her dead figure. He couldn't bring himself to call out for his brothers.

The pastas stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. Everything happened so fast, they were barely processing her death. It wasn't hard to imagine the mansion would be this quiet without her.

Splendor was the first one to teleport to the entrance. He had been waiting in the living room with his brothers excluding Sally.

"What happen-" he paused once his eyes spotted the proxy in his arms.

"No," he whispered as he fell onto his knees. "She can't!" He yelled as Slenderman got on his knees with his brother. Splendor carefully held her in his arms as he pressed his forehead on hers as he cried.

Trender and Offender both arrived, shocked by the scene in front of them. Offender, not wasting any time, grabbed Slenderman by his suit and pinned him to the wall.

"I fucking told you!" He screamed and threw punches at his brother's face. "If she dies, I'm killing you!"

Ben and Puppeteer used their wires and strings to try to detain him, pulling him away from his brother.

"You deserve to die! You hear me! This is your fault!"

"You don't think I know that!" Slenderman fell to his knees as he saw Trender and Splendor crying as they hugged their niece. "I had to watch her in pain as she was forced to fight Zalgo."

Slenderman cried as he remembered how the battle took place. "She even opened up her mind to me, something she hadn't done in years! She showed me what she wanted after her death. Offender, she wants you to pick the flowers for her funeral."

"Shut up!" Offenderman yelled as he struggled to escape out of the guy's hold.

Slenderman ignored him as he looked at his other brothers. "She wanted Trender to pick out the dress you always wanted her to wear. Splendor, she wanted you to spend time with Sally as your niece seeing as she couldn't accept that role."

"I said shut up!" Offenderman screamed, almost escaping. The other brothers sobbed harder as they were told what her final thoughts were.

"She wants us to live a peaceful life as one happy family," Slenderman announced to the pastas.