Chapter 37

"Let the battle begin."

Slenderman was the first one to walk in between the pillars and disappeared. Taking a deep breath, I followed behind.

Nothing had prepared me for the scene in front of me. The sky was all dark with a few red auroras. There was a small rocky passage in the middle that led to the black castle in front of us. On both sides of the pathway, there were souls trapped in the deep bottom. They desperately screamed for freedom as they raised their arms at us. I couldn't help but think that if I had died, I would have been there.

"Those are trapped souls." Slenderman explained to the others as they were already through the portal. "They all belong to Zalgo. From what I heard, they're in eternal pain."

I shivered at their hopeless features as we were walking straight to the castle.

"If Zalgo sings with his seventh mouth, the world will be brought into destruction. I fear those souls will be set free and play a role in that destruction."

Two guards with swords, who looked exactly like the ones that attacked Ben and Jeff,  stood in front of the castle's black doors. Once we were close, they stepped aside and opened the big doors for us.

Slenderman went in first with me following close behind. The dark hallway was lit by torches which helped us see the hallway and the paintings on the walls. All of his paintings were about him. One showed him holding a burning Earth in his hand while the one next to it had him ripping a man's heart while the human looked at him with pain and shock.

"This place is totally not creepy," L.J whispered yelled seeing as the hallway was echoey.

"Well the sooner he's dead, the sooner we can go home," I spoke as I looked at every single one of his paintings.

There was a painting of him sitting on a throne of skulls, but what scared me was the painting next to it. Zalgo was giving an apple to a h/c girl. I couldn't see her eyes seeing as her hair covered them, but it reminded me of myself.

We were finally close to the set of golden doors that two guards were guarding. Once they noticed us nearby, they both opened the doors for us to the throne room. My heart started racing, knowing that the time had arrived. After years of waiting, this moment was finally here.

Zalgo sat on his throne with a smirk while holding a golden goblet in his hand. Once we were all inside the room, the door behind us shut. Slenderman and I were in the middle while Jeff, Liu, E.J, Masky, and Hoodie were on Slenderman's left side and L.J, Puppeteer, Ben, Painter, and Toby were on my right.

"You don't have to be in the back, I can assure you that I don't bite. At least, not for a while." Zalgo chuckled.

Slenderman took a step closer to him as we remained in our spots in the back of the throne room.

"You broke the treaty Zalgo. It's a shame you couldn't keep your word to maintain peace between us."

Zalgo raised his head as he laughed. "It truly is a shame if you thought a stupid treaty was going to stop me from killing you Slender. I just waited for the perfect moment." Zalgo moved his gaze towards me. "And I can see you brought the last remaining descendant. Let's hope she doesn't fulfill her purpose, seeing as these depressed teenagers won't be able to touch me."

I hitched my breath at what he had said. I didn't know what he meant by me being the last descendant nor what purpose he spoke of.

Slenderman growled before he spoke to our minds. "Go!"

I gulped as I took a step back. I didn't know what battle strategy we were using so I had to stay still and witness it. If I went right now, I could ruin the perfect strategy to kill him.