Chapter 39

Zalgo led me to the back of his kingdom, the part no one has ever seen, according to him. There were two black doors, unguarded. He pushed them open before walking straight revealing a black and red patio.

"Let me guess, red and black are your favorite colors." I rolled my eyes.

He grinned as he comfortably sat on the black couch. "How'd you ever find out?" He signaled me to sit on the other couch in front of him.

I sat on the couch and leaned backward. "Lucky guess," I muttered as I glanced away.

Zalgo softly smiled before lighting the fire table in front of us with his hands. Creatures made out of fire were formed on top of the table.

"Thousands of years ago, immortal creatures interacted with humans. Creatures that humans consider fictional such as vampires, werewolves, sirens, witches, you name it. Everything went smoothly. Humans died, but the immortals would stay alive with their offspring to the point immortals overpopulated humans."

The creatures made out of fire vanished before a man wearing medieval clothing was formed.

"This human man called Silas L/N went to an ancient witch in hopes of achieving immortality and power, which he did. He hoped it would pass to his future descendants. Of course, everything comes with a price."

A female was now formed next to him along with two kids.

"He eventually married a woman and had twins. Silas believed his children would be immortal too. But when one of his twins was shot to death, he killed the witch out of rage. What he didn't know was that his lineage would pay the price. His descendants were indeed stronger than humans, but they were not immortal. Their strength would only be unlocked once they claim someone who they swear to always protect. The witch purposely did that so the L/N lineage would be seen as potential slaves."

A flame was split into two and then was split into four. It kept on multiplying as Zalgo spoke.

"The L/N family expanded like a virus which caught the attention of the immortals. The immortals befriended them in hopes of gaining a personal bodyguard, but that relationship changed once the most powerful oracle had announced a prophecy."

A beautiful woman with long silky hair and a dress was now formed as her subjects were kneeling in front of her. Zalgo swiped his hand away which caused the figures to disappear.

"Immortals would be close to extinction in a few centuries and the last L/N descendant would kill the most powerful immortal. The immortals feared for their lives and started massacring them. It was an ongoing war between Sila's descendants and the immortals for centuries."

The multiple flames were formed again but they all soon disappeared but one.

"About 99% of immortals died along with the L/N family. The few remaining L/N families stayed hidden for centuries until an immortal creature was filled with vengeance."

A young man with modern clothes was now formed.

"Axel Grayson secretly killed all the remaining L/N descendants but two. Isaac L/N, your father, and Isaiah L/N, your uncle. Your uncle killed him before you were born to protect you from any threats. Unfortunately, Isaiah died in that battle for you to live peacefully with your parents. It's a shame you were only with your family for a year before Slenderman killed your parents and Zen brought you along."

The fire had finally died, and all I saw was Zalgo's smirking expression in front of me.

"Slenderman was secretly afraid if you were the last descendant that the Oracle stated would kill the most powerful creature. He wanted you to protect him, but you obviously claimed the brunette girl. With a little bit of my manipulation, he was afraid I would control you and make you kill him. That's why he didn't make you immortal nor make you fight in the battle."