Chapter 52

After seventeen years, I no longer had to serve anyone. I had no connection to Slenderman or Zalgo. I was a step away from being free, but all I needed was one more thing. Killing Zalgo would be the last task I had to accomplish. I didn't know when, but I hoped it would be soon.

All of my revenge plans got dismissed as soon as I saw my favorite white-haired guy sitting on our familiar log. My heart beat faster seeing him in person. For days I believed the closest thing I had to my family was gone. I was relieved he was alive.

Zen may not be related to me by blood, but he was the one who raised me when I was younger. I may not remember him because my memories were stolen, but that didn't stop me from being grateful. He reversed all the pain that Slenderman caused.

I rushed to his side, unable to wait any longer. It has been over four weeks after all.

"Zen!" I yelled as I opened my arms to embrace him. He quickly turned around to look at me with relief before hugging me back. "You have no idea how relieved I am to see you alive."

We stayed still, letting the moment sink in. It had been a while since I was this happy.

"Y/N," He pulled back. "What the hell happened?"

I let out a huge breath as I laughed. "You know the usual. I was in the underworld for two weeks because I wanted to protect the others. I was told you died, and I turned evil but Sally broke the spell. Zalgo hurt me, and I somehow came back and was in a coma for two weeks. And now I'm here."

Zen closed his eyes and he took everything in. "Zalgo told you I died?"

"He showed me an image of you and him fighting in the throne room then he captured your soul," I explained. "It was an illusion though. He showed me an illusion of your soul to make it more believable. I was an idiot to have fallen for it."

"I mean I did go to the underworld after the pastas returned, but he never did anything to me. I tried to convince him to let you b-but-" his voice cracked.

"It's okay," I assured him. "I mean sure I nearly died like two times but I'm here and now I'm finally free."

He tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean you're free?"

"I left the mansion and I'm not marked by Slenderman anymore. It's all over." I said with joy. "We can finally leave together but we have to kill Zalgo first to live in peace."

His expression sadden as he looked at the lake on the side. "Y/N-" He snapped his head to the other side before he furrowed his eyebrows in anger.

I followed his gaze and met Slenderman a few yards away from us.

"I must confess it feels weird to have my first two proxies standing in front of me."

"What the fuck are you doing here? I already told you I would kill you if you followed me!" I growled.

Slenderman stared at Zen for a few seconds. "Have you told her the truth?"

"Of course he did!" I fumed. "You fed me lies for the past seventeen years."

"Has he told you he killed your parents?"

I felt my heart stop beating. No, he couldn't, he wouldn't.

"Because you forced me to!" Zen defended himself. "I had to kill them to prove my loyalty to you!"

It all made sense. Zen said he brought me to the mansion so he must have brought me after killing them.

"I bet he hasn't told you he's been working with Zalgo over the past eleven years."

"Don't be ridiculous he-" I turned around to see him but Zen kept his gaze on the floor. He bit his lip as he tried to avoid eye contact with me.