Chapter Twelve

You lean against the cold wall in the dark hallway, eyes closed with music blasting in your ears.
'Don't overthink. Three quirks against one. I WILL walk back down this hall as the winner. I WILL advance. Don't overthink. Don't overthink. Don't overthink.'
"LET'S BEGIN THE NEXT ROUND!!!" You hear Present Mic announce through your music.
Taking out the devices from your ears, you stuff them into your gym jacket pockets and walk towards the opening at the end of the hall.
'Here we go.' Present Mic introduces Bakugou.
'This is all you.' Your uncle then goes on to introduce you.
You take one last deep breath and smile as you step out into the light of the arena.
The crowd cheers loudly, chanting both yours and Bakugou's names.
The boy walks towards the middle with a snarl of a smile, confidence radiating off of him.
The two of you stand in front of each other, both of you refusing to look away first.
"Which one of these strong heroes-in-the-making will advance to the last and final round?!?" Present Mic asks to get the audience riled up. They respond, screaming your names.
"ME." Bakugou growls.
You scoff, "You're in for a rude awakening."
He responds with a cocky smile, his red eyes gleaming, "We'll see about that...fireless."
He draws out that last word, taunting you.
'No. He wants to make you feel bad. Don't you dare let him get in your head.'
"TAKE YOUR POSITIONS!" Present Mic says.
You take your stance, shifting the weight between your feet, finding your center.
Bakugou takes a few steps backwards, his eyes never leaving yours. He takes a firm stance, legs bent and hands ready to activate his quirk. 
"READY..."
'Inhale...exhale.' You think as you take a deep breath.
"SET..."
You lift your chin a little higher, slightly looking down at the blonde boy a few feet in front of you.
A low snarl escapes from his lips.
"GOOO!!!"

Bakugou does not hesitate, charging at you quickly.
You stomp your foot hard against the cement and swing your arm up.
Bakugou crashes hard against a gray wall no bigger than the size of a door.
"WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?" Present Mic screeches.
The audience's reaction is a mixture of gasps and confused silence.
You bring your arm back in and slowly push it out in front of you, the wall of cement mimicking the movement, pushing Bakugou out towards the out of bounds line.
He gets up quickly, planting his feet on the ground and shifting his weight into his hands, trying to stop the wall using only his physical strength.
You start walking towards him, your hand still stretched out in front of you, speeding up the wall.
"It seems she has not two but THREE different aspects to her quirk!!! We've seen air, we've seen water and this, everybody, is Earth control!!!" Present Mic announces through the loudspeakers.
You can't help but laugh a little at your uncle pretending to be astounded by your abilities.
"Bakugou is trying to stop the attack with only his body's force, but it seems his efforts are to no avail." Aizawa narrates, calmly.
Bakugou gives in, now a couple feet away from being out of bounds, he uses his quirk.
The angry blonde blows through the cement wall, sending debris flying across the arena.
A thin layer of dust fills the air and the wheels in your mind start turning.
You smirk, 'Thanks for the idea Bakugou.'

You plant your foot down solidly, twisting the ball of your foot into the ground.
Bakugou starts running towards you with his hand outreached, little sparks dancing around in his palm as he activates his quirk.
"YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THAT!" Bakugou yells, angry from getting a face full of wall.
The ground begins to rumble as small eruptions of debris erupt around you and Bakugou, covering the arena in a thick blanket of dust.
"Wait I can't see!" Present Mic complains.
"That's the point." Aizawa says annoyed at the loud blonde.
"HOW CAN THEY FIGHT LIKE THAT?!?" Present Mic says exasperated.
"It's a strategy. Bakugou's sight is limited, putting him at a disadvantage, while she can use her quirk to locate exactly where he is in the dust." Aizawa explains to the audience.
"This battle just got even more exciting! Let's see who makes it out of there first!" Present Mic says excitedly.