Chapter Twenty

Mina groans as she struggles with the straps of her school issued swimsuit.
You walk up behind her and help pull the straps over her shoulders.
"Thanks. These are the worst, honestly. I'm a different size on top and bottom so one-pieces are not for me."
Momo hums in agreement to Mina's comment as she, Tsu, Uraraka, and Hagakure walk out of the locker rooms to go find a beach ball in the pool equipment room.
"It's cool that the school actually let us have some time in the pool, with them banning us from going on long trips over the summer." Jirou says, walking over to where you and Mina stand.
"I know right?! There is no way I am just going to sit around, bored, all summer break!" Mina cheers. Her tone shifts quickly after, "I still hate these swimsuits, though."

You and Jirou share a laugh at your friend's mood change.
The pink haired girl pulls sunglasses from her backpack and dramatically lifts them up to her face, pushing them up the bridge of her nose.
"Now, let's go enjoy our summer." Mina walks over to the door and swings it open.
You follow suit until Jirou jumps up from behind, having remembered something, which startles you.
"Oh, I almost forgot!"
You and Mina share a glance and a shrug as Jirou runs back into the locker room.
You wait by the door, holding it open for the girl who comes running back outside with a portable speaker.
"A pool day is not complete without some music." Jirou says with a smile.
You let the door swing shut before agreeing, "I'm glad you remembered to bring a speaker."

Walking out into the blazing sun, you, Mina, and Jirou quickly halt to a stop after taking about three steps.
"What." Mina whines.
"I didn't know the boys would be here too." Jirou thinks out loud.
The majority of Class 1A's boys are all spread across the poolside, stretching their bodies in preparation for swimming. Jirou shrugs it off and pulls Mina to the opposite side of the pool where the rest of the girls lay their towels out. A familiar freckled smile appears before you.
"Hey! We're doing some endurance training, we didn't know you all would be here too!" Midoriya explains.
"Oh, nice. Hagakure planned a school pool day to just relax since we can't go anywhere this summer." You tell your green haired friend.
Denki complains, "Damn. I wish we could use the pool to relax but someone had to tell everyone it was for training purposes." The electric blonde shoots a look at Midoriya, which Midoriya quickly bows his head in apology for.
"Oh, stop being such a bully." You smack Denki's shoulder and he pouts.
Sero joins you three, knowing exactly how to cheer Denki up, "C'mon dude, we gotta train for camp so we can outshine everyone else."

"Stop mingling and stretch before you hurt yourselves!" A precautious Iida, yells from his spot in the shade.
Sero and Denki let out a groan. The dark haired boy drags his feet over to where the rest of the boys are stretching, while Denki takes off, jogging over to the area.
"Kaminari, no running by the pool! Do you not know how dangerous that is?!?"
The electric blonde only winks back at Iida, having known it would irk the poor class rep.

You look back at the freckled face boy still standing beside you. He watches as Denki gets scolded, sending most of the boys into a fit of laughter. Midoriya's lips tug into a small smile.
He looks happy looking over at his friends. Regardless of using the day to train, it was still a time where everyone could relax without worrying about grades, assignments, tests. Villains. You let your eyes wander to your green-haired friend's neck. Knowing first hand what Shigaraki's lethal hold feels like, and having the scar to prove it, you can't help the shiver that runs down your spine. Midoriya turns to face you and you quickly shift your eyes up to meet his gaze.

"You should go stretch before you replace Denki in Iida's 'terrifying' reprimand."
The boy lets out a laugh, "Yeah, I really should. I'll see you later, have fun!"
As the boy walks away, you can't help but wonder about what exactly is going on in his mind right now. You turn to walks towards the group of girls. Both you and Midoriya have felt the manipulation and fear of being in the leader of the League of Villains' clutches. Now, the two of you walk away from each other and towards your friends, knowing damn well that the time is ticking.