Chapter Twenty Seven

Behind the Big Man, two shadows make their way out of the fallen warehouse entrance.

They step down the fragments left of the front steps.

Walking hand in hand.

Suddenly your breath doesn't come. Every muscle within your body stiffens.

The shorter of the two tilts their head in a feigned innocence. Nothing has changed.

You shake your head as the shadows begin to take form through the gray dust in the air.

They grow closer.

Your chest caves in and sheer terror bleeds through you.

Your biological parents stand before you. Diabolic grins plastered across their faces.

They stand beside the Big Man. The warehouse in rubble behind them. An image you already wish to forget.

You don't notice the Big Man leave. Or Bakugou's tug at your hand.
Images flash through your mind of the horrors your villainous parents put you through.
A small child cries where you've banished those resentful memories in the back of your head.
You fight against your parents' grip as they tear you from the house they've murdered your caring teacher in.
The putrid scent of gasoline reemerges in your lungs as your mother pours the substance over your hands.
"Light them."
Your biological father looks down at you with a twisted smile as he leads you to a laboratory.
The terrible sensation of the cold metal tray your frail little body rests on.
Your young self wails in a room set on fire by your parents.
"Damn it! Unleash your flames already!"
A tiny voice. "I can't."
"It's burning."
"I can't"

"I can't!"
Bakugou looks over at you, confusion and deep concern written across the lines on his face.
Tears flow down your cheeks, uncontrollably.
"Fireless?"
Bakugou brings a hand up to your shoulder. Your name rolls off his lips in a whisper.
The safety that once stemmed from the knowledge that your biological parents cannot hurt you, vanishes. The wicked smiles they wear now are identical to the ones they wore back then.

"Fireless, what the hell is going on?"
Your mother is the first to speak.
"Darling, why would you try to run from us?" Her shrilling voice sends a cold shiver running through your body. "You didn't think we were dead, did you? It was an accident! It was an accident, right? You didn't try to kill us! It was just a show for the Big Man, right? To show how strong of a quirk you have for him!" The restless convincing in her speech, a prominence of her insanity.

Your father, bound to you only by blood, speaks in his bitter tone, "Because of your little show, our plans of giving the Boss your quirk backfired. Your mother and I, the caring people that we are, took it upon ourselves to sacrifice one quirk each to him. But now you are here, my daughter. It's time to finish what we started so long ago."

His words awaken the feeling you've grown acquainted with. The fear and sorrow coursing through you, mere seconds ago, melt into the fury you've felt towards these people all of your life. You look upon the villainous couple with the same intensity as the eyes of the heroic father you love.

In Aizawa's same dangerous tone, you reject the pair, "I am not your daughter."
Boulders and sharp rocks rise from the fervor of your anger. You release them without hesitation and they fly towards your biological parents like a meteor shower.

The vile man is quick to raise a hand, stopping the pieces of solid earth from their fierce trajectory. He sends them aside with a simple point of his finger. Before offering half of his quirk's ability to All For One, your biological father could manipulate both air and earth. His deflection of your attack, a clear indication he kept the earth half for himself.
"Don't resist, daughter." The crooked smile never leaves his lips, "It didn't go so well for you the last time."