Chapter Three

Your eyes widen and you think quickly. Doing the best you can you send a strong gust of wind towards Midoriya, hoping it reduces whatever impact he may receive from Bakugou's blast. You run and tackle Uraraka, forming a strong barrier of air around you two, protecting you from the explosion. You wait, panting, for the blast to settle. Closing your eyes you swing your arms out, sending air clearing the smoke from the hall. Your eyes dart back and forth searching for Midoriya

You see him down on the ground, Bakugou already standing above him, taunting him.
You sigh looking back at Uraraka, still down.
"Cmon, I didn't hit you so that you couldn't move!" Bakugou shouts out. The blonde jumps up and over Midoriya, sending another attack down at him. As he lets out the blast, Bakugou changes the course of his attack, setting Midoriya up for a fake. The blonde takes advantage of Midoriya's exposed back and sends another hand explosion his way. Bakugou doesn't hesitate in his next attack, "It's one of your favorites!" He yells at Midoriya, charging and preparing for a right swing. Bakugou grabs Midoriya's arm and swings him, with additional power from his quirk, in order to slam him down with great force.

You watch in slight horror. You knew the blonde held anger in his heart, but you didn't think it was to this extent. How this boy with a quirk too strong for his own body brought out the flames in Bakugou's heart.
'He's afraid of him.' You think, 'Afraid he'll lose to Midoriya.'
Midoriya runs, occasionally falling and pushing himself back up with his arms.
Bakugou follows him slowly, intimidatingly, "Why aren't you using your quirk?"
Midoriya halts to a stop.
"Are you underestimating me?!?" He asks, louder.
"No..." Midoriya let's out. "You're...you're an amazing person who I've always looked up to! That's why I want to beat you!" His eyebrows twitch and tears start to form in his eyes. "I WANT TO WIN AND SURPASS YOU! YOU...IDIOT!!!"
Your eyes widen at his response.
Bakugou frowns, angrily. "YOU DAMN NERD!!!"

The two start towards each other, jumping at the very last second.
You watch as Bakugou charges up the sparks in his hands and Midoriya sets up for a punch.
You almost want to close your eyes, knowing Midoriya couldn't weaken the attack with just a punch.
You catch a glimpse at the orange hue and almost electric-like aura around Midoriya's arm.
You stumble as you start sprinting towards Bakugou. Your body reacting before your brain has a chance to think.
"DETROIT!!!" Midoriya cries out.
You make impact with Bakugou, tackling him out of the way. You crash into the floor, not bothering to soften the blow with your quirk. Your entangled bodies flip and roll a few times on the ground. The two of you finally come to a complete stop, his heavy body above yours.
"Uraraka now!!!"
You look over at Midoriya just in time to see him direct the punch up into the ceiling, creating a hole, large enough so that Uraraka can float up into. The opening in the ceiling leading to the familiar room where Iida was protecting the weapon. The ceiling starts to crack.
'Oh no.'
You push yourself up as best you can in order to reach an arm out and create that same barrier as earlier around you and Bakugou.
Pieces of rubble fall, slipping off of the barrier, as dust rises up from the ground and into the air.
"Hero's win!" All Might says through your earpieces.

Once everything settles, still on top of you, Bakugou grabs both your shoulders and slams you back down.
Pinning you firmly to the ground, "YOU IDIOT!" He barks down at you. "Why'd you take your eyes off that gravity loser?!? Why'd you interfere?!?"
You blink, "I-"
He interrupts you, "We would've won!!!"
You frown up at him, "You know damn well you couldn't take that hit!"
"HE WASN'T AIMING AT ME!" Bakugou goes feral and slams his hand down at the area next to your head.
"You and I both didn't know that!" You yell at him.
"IT DOESN'T MATTER! YOU SHOULD'VE LEFT M-" he begins but this time you interrupt him.
"NO!" You push him off of you throwing him to the side. Taking a few steps you walk over and stand above him, looking down with pure disapproval in your eyes.
"Unlike you, I am not willing to risk my teammates' safety to satisfy some personal superiority complex." You think back at how he was willing to risk hitting you with his blast to prove some petty point against Midoriya.
You start to walk away, but Bakugou grabs hold of your ankle. You bend down to regain your balance and Bakugou snatches hold of your arm, swinging you to face him as he stands up. He pulls you towards him, and leans down, a raging fire in his eyes. You lift your chin, unafraid. Looking down at you, a scowl on his face, he says in a low tone, "You talk to me like that one more time, dumbass, and that'll be the end of you."
You pull your arm out of his clutch, "I'll talk to you with as little respect as you give me. You want respect? Learn to show it." You say matching his tone.
This time you successfully walk away, leaving a fuming Bakugou standing there alone with his thoughts.