Chapter Fourteen

"Man, I was really enjoying that break not gonna lie." You sigh, walking the last few blocks to school. After the sports festival, the students and teachers were given time to rest and recuperate.
"Honestly I'm still thinking about that chocolate cake Midnight made." Shinsou says, walking next to you with his hands in his pockets.
"Don't remind me." You pout, "We should go over more often."
The purple-haired boy shifts his focus to you and nods, "Agreed."
"Sometimes when Dad has meetings I like to go over there to hang out. I swear she has the best stories. Trust, it's never boring with her. She's honestly the most fun one." You explain, tossing your water bottle from one hand to the other.
Shinsou's lips stretch into a smile, "What about Present Mic at dinner?"
The thought of your uncle Mic at the dinner Midnight hosted sends you into a fit of laughter, "I swear to you, I have never seen him so drunk in my life!"
Shinsou starts laughing, "It definitely wasn't what I was expecting. I doubt he remembers most of that night."
You catch your breath, wiping a few stray tears,"That was too funny."

Shinsou lets his laugh settle as well. The two of you continue on your path, the cool morning air making the walk a comfortable one. Flipping the water bottle in your hand, you unscrew the top and take a drink.
Shinsou speaks up,  "Aizawa's really cool too. He'd already offered to train me after watching my match. But that night I called him explaining I'd have to leave UA cause of my parents' business move...I never thought he'd offer to take me in. He's amazing beyond words to put it simply."
You smile, "He really is. I don't know where I'd be without him."
Shinsou gives you a sad smile, remembering when you told him about how Aizawa had taken you in after a traumatic event in your life.
"You know, I've always wanted a sibling. So having you around is pretty cool I guess." You admit, trying your best to be nonchalant about it.
Shinsou's cheeks flush slightly, "Same here. I remember wanting a sister when I was younger."
You slap him on his back and offer a smile, "Well now you have one."
He jokingly responds, "And now I regret it."
"Hey-" You start.
"Kidding. You're cool." Shinsou says with a shrug.
"Heck yeah I am." You respond with a small chuckle.

Walking up the last flight of stairs and down the hallway, the two of you stop in front of the 1A classroom.
"Alright, see ya." You say, facing the boy.
"Later!" He says giving you a small wave.
Through the open door, Aizawa sees the two of you at the entrance and walks over, bringing a sheet of paper with him.
Keeping his voice low and pointing at the paper, to make it look like he is discussing your work with you, he says, "I have a meeting after school so I won't be able to take you two home. Midnight already offered so you guys will just hang with her for a bit."
You and Shinsou look at each other and share the same look, 'Yes!!!'
Both of you then turn to face Aizawa and give him a stern nod, "Got it."
Shinsou then waves and walks off to his classroom.

You then walk over to your group of friends, "Hey, what's up?"
"Sup, Miss I-Don't-Answer-My-Texts." Kiri says, playfully elbowing you in the side.
You laugh nervously, "Oh, yeah, sorry. It was a crazy weekend."
"Was that Shinsou?" Mina asks, intrigued.
"Oh, yeah." You respond, setting your bag on the hooks attached to the side of your desk.
"Did he mention anything about being transferred into Class 1A?" Sero asks, intrigued.
"Huh, now that you mention it, I don't think he did." You respond, shrugging your shoulders.
You take a mental note, 'I should ask him and dad about that later. He really does deserve to be in this class.'
"Wait. Do you think he could make Bakugou do something stupid if I asked him to? Dude, I'd love having him in this class!" Denki says, excited.
"Like I'd ever even respond to that mind control freak!" Bakugou growls, turning his gaze from the window to the group at the mention of his name.
"Either way, we don't need Shinsou to make Bakugou do stupid things. He does them on his own." You retort with a smirk as you pull out your chair and take a seat at your desk.
The blonde clicks his pen angrily, "Watch it, dumbass."
You put your right hand up as if swearing an oath to tell the truth, "I'm just speaking the truth. Like when you threw a temper tantrum on the floor after the cavalry battle."
Denki, Mina, Kiri, and Sero do their best to keep that image out of their head but fail miserably, bursting into a fit of laughter.
Bakugou grabs the back of his chair as he twists to face you, "Shut it, turtleneck!"
You join the others in their laughter.
Sero has a few stray tears falling down his face, as Kirishima and Mina reenact Bakugou's toddler fit to Denki since he was in short circuit mode. Their actions only made you, Sero, and Denki laugh harder.