Chapter Seven

You were finally back home with your father and you couldn't feel more relieved. After talking with Midnight about taking extra precautions, just like you predicted, Present Mic was the first in line. You and your uncle insisted your father go straight to bed but, being himself, Aizawa insisted Present Mic helped him grade your class's work. You make the two a cup of coffee, placing the mugs down at the desk they're working at. You laugh as Aizawa scolds Present Mic for adding smiley faces on perfect scored work.
"So do I give these to the kids in my class tomorrow or are you going to wait till you get back to give it to them?" Your uncle asks Aizawa.
Aizawa frowns underneath his bandages, "I'll be back tomorrow."
Present Mic nearly spits out the coffee he had in his mouth, "What?!? Shota you need to rest!"
Your father stretches his legs, "I've been resting all day. I'm going back tomorrow."
"But-" Present Mic starts, turning to face you.
You just shake your head, "You can't win this battle, Uncle Mic."
Your uncle sighs, "I guess the students will be glad to see you're well enough to teach. Also, I'm not sure if Midnight told you, but the Sports Festival is still on."
You stiffen. 'All this time, I didn't realize just how close the Sports Festival truly was. And I still can't control fire. I promised myself I'd have it before the damn festival.'
You walk out of the room.
Present Mic notices and asks Aizawa, "Is she nervous for the event?"
Aizawa shakes his head, "She's not nervous, she just made a promise to herself about her fire. I'm afraid she hasn't been able to follow through with it."
Mic sighs, "She really does put a lot of pressure on herself."
Aizawa shrugs, "No one can do anything about it. She's eager, determined. She won't allow herself rest until she figures it out."
"Sounds like someone I know." The blonde says with a little laugh.

You light a candle in your room, turning off all the lights, you watch it. Studying and analyzing the way the little flame moves.
'Maybe I need to think small first. I'll take it step by step with my fire. Little flames to start.' You think to yourself.
You spend hours watching the flame dance. Your vision slowly blurs into darkness.
Present Mic walks into your room to tell you your father had finally fallen asleep, at his desk and chair of course. Only to catch you in the same state, in your chair bent over with your head on the desk. He shakes his head with a little laugh and places a blanket over your back, thinking, 'These two.'

You wake up the next morning in a slightly bad mood, due to your poor sleeping position.
"ROCKIN' MORNING MINIZAWA!!!" Your uncle bursts through your door.
"No." You chuck a pillow at him.
"Hey, that's not nice." He says dramatically.
"Tell that to the soreness in my neck." You respond dryly.
Present Mic lets out a little laugh, "Breakfast'll be ready in a few!"
He closes the door and heads over to his favorite Aizawa to annoy.
You get yourself situated for the day. As you look in the mirror your eyes lock on the scar around your neck. Pulling off your blazer, you ditch the white button up for a black turtleneck.
'There.' You think approvingly.
Once downstairs, the three of you sit down and have a quick breakfast.
"TIME FOR SCHOOL!" Present Mic says as we head out the door.
You and Aizawa cringe at his volume.

Like usual, your dad drops you off a couple blocks away from school. As if on cue, Mina calls out your name and runs over to you. This time, pulling you into a tight hug.
"I was worried these past two days! I called and texted but you didn't respond." Mina explains.
"Oh, right, sorry. I wasn't on my phone at all these past days." You say rubbing the back of your neck.
"I was glad to hear you were well enough to continue training. Kirishima told me he ran into you at school yesterday." Mina continues.
You smile at your friend, "Sorry to worry you. I'm okay now."
Mina puts a hand on your shoulder, "Are you sure? If you ever need anyone to talk to I'll always be here for you."
Truthfully, those words almost made you cry. The only other people who had ever said those words were your pro-hero family. But it felt different coming from a friend your age.
You smile at her again, "Thank you, Mina. The same goes for you."
Mina's eyes glisten as she smiles, "Thanks."
The two of you walk over to the school and up to your classroom. Mina sits on your desk, listening to you talk from your chair. The two of you laugh, discussing the most random things.
From a distance Denki and Kiri smile.
"I'm glad she's got a smile on her face. I don't think I would've been able to recover that quickly after going through all that." Denki says.
Kirishima nods, "That's so manly. She was in the clutches of a villain one day and training the next."
"That's what heroes do, idiots." Bakugou says as he walks past them, to his desk.
'That dumbass also almost lost her dad in the middle of it all.' He thinks to himself.
Kirishima and Denki follow behind.
"Oh yeah, Bakugou, weren't you in the sludge villain incident?" Denki asks.
"I heard about that. Man, that must've been scary." Kirishima reflects.
Their conversation catches your attention.
"You were the one the sludge villain engulfed?" You ask Bakugou.
Bakugou glares, "Yeah. So, what?"
'Well, that explains a lot.' You think to yourself, understanding him a little more. A little.
"You and Bakugou are so cool! You've experienced a villain's touch first hand and can still fight." Kirishima praises, feeling wholly inspired.
Bakugou gives his usual tch, brushing the subject away.
Denki walks over to you, slyly, "So about that dinner-"
"Let's do it tonight!" Mina interrupts, "We should all go out to eat tonight. I'm sure we can use a fun hang out."
"But-" Denki tries again, only to get cut off by Kirishima.
"Yesss! Let's do it. Bakugou you in?" The redhead asks the angry boy, enthusiastically.
Bakugou frowns, "Like hell I-"
"You are? Great! Let's meet after school." Kirishima says with a smile, dragging a dumbfounded Denki back to their seats.
"It'll be fun!" Mina says with a smile, as she walks over to her seat.
"Whatever, that's less time spent with the old lady." Bakugou says under his breath.
"Huh?" You ask him.
"Wasn't talking to you, fireless." He says turning back to face the front.
You sigh and shrug your shoulders.