Chapter Thirteen

Your eyes flicker open to the bright white ceiling lights feeling slightly disoriented. You groan, shutting them once again, whispering underneath your breath, "So bright." Images of earlier flash through your head, as you try to piece together what led up to this moment. You remember waking up in this room and Recovery Girl was at your side. She explained that you had passed out from exhaustion and Aizawa had found you, bringing you to her. She further elaborated the burn wound was quick and easy to treat but insisted you rested more. The old lady sat by your bed and lulled you to sleep, the same way she used to when you were little.
"SHE'S AWAKE!!!" A familiar red head's voice yells excitedly, and quite loudly.
"Holy shit dude, nearly scared the everything out of me." Your black haired friend says dramatically.
"Quiet down, you'll scare her." A certain electric blonde says, elbowing the other in the ribs.
"Ow. Sorry I got excited." Kirishima explains. Mina laughs that carefree laugh of hers.
Your lips pull into a slight smile and you open your eyes to see the four of them sitting by your bed in Recovery Girl's infirmary. You set your hands down beside you and push yourself up into a seated position. "Hey guys."
"How're you feeling?" Mina says leaning an elbow on the edge of the bed.
"Honestly fine, Recovery Girl works wonders." You say gratefully.
Denki walks over and sets his jacket around your shoulders, "Here, I know your jacket got pretty beat up."
You smile, "Thanks, Denks."

Both your shirt and jacket had taken damage to them, and in order to see to your wound properly, Recovery Girl had taken them off, leaving you with only your black sports bra on top.
Kirishima looks down to your bandaged waist, "How bad was it before you got treated?"
You shrug and laugh a little, "I have no clue, I was completely knocked out. But I'm sure it wasn't awful, Recovery Girl guaranteed zero scarring."
Sero nods, approvingly, "That's good. That's good."
The room goes silent for a while, the five of you lost in your own thoughts.
Denki breaks the silence, "So...that was an intense fight." The blonde immediately regrets his words, receiving glares and jabs to his sides.
"Denki!" Mina says, shaking her head.
"Ow! What!?" he yelps in pain. "It's okay." You speak up, "I lost. But just this once. Next time, I'll make sure he doesn't even stand a chance." You put on a confident smile. Their heads turn to face you, worried looks and frowns melting to proud and relieved smiles.
"That's our manly girl!" Kirishima says, raising a fist in the air like he always does.
Mina raises an eyebrow, a playful smirk on her face, "That's if you can get through me first!"
You mimic her expression, "Oh?"
The two of you burst out laughing and Mina pulls you into a tight hug.
"Hey, me too!" Denki says, wrapping his arms around you and Mina.
Sero and Kirishima look at each other and shrug, throwing themselves on top of you three.

A squeal comes from the doorway and the five of you turn your heads to see Midnight and Aizawa standing at the entry.
"Aww, Aizawa doesn't this make you miss being young?" Your aunt asks nostalgically.
"No." Aizawa says bluntly.
Midnight rolls her eyes and walks over to your bedside, the five of you letting go of each other and making room for the pro hero.
"How're you feeling?" She asks, searching for any signs that you were in pain.
"I'm feeling great, thank you Midnight." You respond politely.
"I'm so glad my students made it out alright. I'm proud of all of you." Midnight says, directing her attention to the others now too.
They all smile and say their thanks.
Aizawa interrupts, "It's time for the awards ceremony. Let's head out, the quicker we get through this, the faster we can go home."
"Awards ceremony?" You frown, questioning how long you've been asleep.
Midnight smiles, "Yep and you get a spot on the podium for placing third."
"Wait-" You start.
"Who ended up taking first?!?" Kirishima, Denki, and Sero ask in unison.
"Hold on, I missed-" You try again.
"Bakugou ended up taking first." Midnight concludes.
"I missed his fight." You say silently, then adding, "You guys missed his fight!"
"It was his idea." Sero says.
Kirishima and Denki nod their head enthusiastically.
Mina adds, "Something along the lines of, 'There's nothing to watch, I'm going to win regardless.' Typical Bakugou."
With a sigh you think, 'Typical, Bakugou indeed. He said he'd win, and he did just that.'
You zip up Denki's jacket and throw your legs over, standing up and off the bed. Midnight leads everyone out of the infirmary room, asking them what they thought of their first UA Sports Festival. Mina, Denki, Kiri, and Sero all start going off about their experiences, making Midnight laugh.