Chapter Twenty Three (Part Two)

As quietly and quickly as you can, you descend from the tree, deactivating your air quirk as soon as the tips of your boot make contact with the ground. Shoji and Midoriya turn to face you, a relieved look on your green haired friend's face.
"I am so sorry, Midoriya. I shouldn't have left you." You whisper, taking in the limpness of his broken arms and the bruise across his half-lidded eye.
The boy smiles, "You put out the flames, you did what you had to do. We'd all be trapped and burning, if it weren't for you. I ran into a villain when saving Kota. Luckily, I was able to defeat him and get Kota to Mr.Aizawa. He's taking him back to the campsite."
You nod, glad to hear the kid was safe and that your father was also unharmed.

"I ran into a couple of villains myself. I stayed hidden and overheard their conversation about Bakugou being the target of today's attack." You decide to leave out the part about you being a target for another time, wanting to avoid making your friends worry and focus on protecting Bakugou. "Then I got the message from Mandalay and it turns out you'd already discovered that, so I rushed over as quickly as I could. Dark Shadow made it a lot easier to find you."
Midoriya's eyes widen at the mention of the villains, "I'm really glad they didn't find you. I was on my way to look for Kacchan, too, until Dark Shadow attacked me and Shoji pulled me away from being further harmed."

You look at Shoji's bleeding arm then back up at the boys, "Shoji, Midoriya, if you want I can heal your injuries the best I can. I've never tried using my healing abilities on such wounds, though, so I cannot guarantee a full recovery. But it'll at least take some pain away."
Shoji shakes his head, "I appreciate the offer, you are very kind. My quirk can duplicate my already duplicated organs and luckily the arm that was cut off was only a duplicate. I'll be fine. Midoriya, however, may need some attending to."
You let out a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear, I'm glad you're okay. Midoriya?"
The boy shakes his head, "I don't want to ask too much from you. I can move around just fine on my legs. Shoji is giving me time to rest by carrying me on his back. Really, don't worry about me."
You hesitate, knowing the state he's in is not one capable of protecting himself. But the time it would take to heal him and not even knowing the outcome of your ability is not worth the gamble. Besides, he has two fully capable friends to protect him.

Dark shadow lets out a thunderous roar and directs all three of your attentions back to the current situation.
"We need to help Tokoyami gain control of Dark Shadow before he draws the villains' attention to our location." Midoriya says.
Shoji looks between you two, "Dark Shadow's biggest weakness is the light. We need to lead him to any source of it, maybe back at camp?"
You've never wanted to beat yourself up more than at this very moment. The opportunity to help out a friend is presented to you and your quirk would've been ideal, given the circumstances, had you have had control of the fire element.
Shoji continues, "No matter what, I do not want to leave Tokoyami behind. The two of you have been led here by your worry for Bakugou's safety." He turns to face you, "If you can use your air quirk to help Midoriya move, I'll lead Dark Shadow away from you and give you a clearing."
Midoriya shakes his head, fervently, "We're not leaving you and Tokoyami behind."
"Agreed. Besides, the campsite is way too far away from where we are. If Bakugou and Todoroki are still together, we resolve two problems. Todoroki can light a controlled fire and the more of us there are to protect Bakugou, the better." You offer.

You all come to an agreement about the conducted plan and you soar up into the air, just slightly above the top of the trees. Dark Shadow wails, snapping his focus on you as you start to fly away from him. The dark creature chases you, attempting to snap at you with its wide mouth, every so often. You dodge each of his attacks easily, making sure to keep an eye on Shoji and Midoriya who are running beside Dark Shadow, at a safe distance. You look ahead and notice the tip of a giant crystal-like slab of ice appear above the forest's cover of leaves.
"I found them!" You call down.
Shoji and Midoriya share a look of reassurance, knowing that both of their friends are one step closer to being safe.
You guide Dark Shadow, Tokoyami, Shoji, and Midoriya towards the multiple shards of ice rising rapidly from beneath the trees. As you slowly close the distance between you and the icicles, both Bakugou and Todoroki come into view. You blow out a breath you didn't know you'd been holding in for so long.