Author's Note + Bonus

Hello everyone, semi-bad news. I've had really bad wrist pain this past week and typing for an extensive period of time has been super painful. I'm wearing a brace for now and hopefully that'll make it feel better. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to finish the new chapter since the pain gets unbearable after writing about two pages.

Sooo, instead of splitting the chapter into two parts (it doesn't really make sense to do that), I'm giving you all a oneshot! I received a few messages requesting a oneshot with a certain someone. I did my best to try to get the new chapter out tonight so I'm sorry I couldn't. I didn't want to leave you all empty handed, though. So this one's for you! I hope you enjoy!

*To preface, this is NOT a part of Ignite's storyline*

—————————————————————

You scroll through your phone as you lean against a bolted down bike rack in front of a glass front music store.
"Hey, love."
A familiar, soothing voice calls out for you.
Jirou's steady steps come to a halt as she reaches you. She stands before you with a smile and swiftly wraps her arms around your shoulders.
Smiling up at her, you take hold of her hips to push her away slightly, taking in her outfit.
"Hey, pretty girl."

You stand up from your spot on the rack and hold out your hand. Jirou takes it, interlocking her fingers with yours and giving your hand a squeeze.
"So what number is this?" You ask her, teasingly.
"Five." She says, a light pink flush spreads across her cheeks.
"Five guitars?" You let out a breathy laugh, swinging the door open for her.
Jirou laughs and walks past you, "Thanks. And, what? I think you can never have too many guitars."

Rolling your eyes playfully, you follow her to the back of the store where an abundance of polished electric guitars rest on their stands.
Jirou's eyes gloss over and you smile, admiring how she walks through the aisles, examining each one carefully.
"I've never wanted to be a guitar more in my life."

Jirou looks over at you and raises a brow.
You jokingly point between her and a guitar, making a motion as if to say 'I'm watching you'.
She laughs that contagious laughter of hers and you feel your heart melt in the slightest.
'She's going to kill me.'

"What do you think about this one?"
She reaches over and gently takes the singular matte black guitar from off of its stand.
You eye it over, genuinely impressed.
"It's definitely the nicest one out of all of these." You admit. The instrument stood out from the rest of its companions, ditching the gleamy surface for a smoother, lusterless one.
"I agree. C'mon let's test the sound."

Jirou walks over to a worker and asks if she could have access to the sound check room, which he approves with a friendly smile. She takes hold of your wrist and leads you to the back. The two of you enter the sound check room, black acoustic panels adorn the walls and a window looks out on the rest of the store. You plop down on a rustic brown leather couch and watch as Jirou tunes the guitar, lowers the volume with the nobs, and hooks it up to a turned off amp. She adjusts the volume on the equipment and once it's set up to her liking, she plays a chord.

The girl quickly loses herself in the sound and continues to strum the steel strings with a passion only she understands. You watch in awe as Jirou delivers notes, after flawless notes, flowing smoothly into a song you've never heard before. The last note rings and wavers as she shakes the neck of the guitar softly for the desired effect.
She looks at you and you blink, completely amazed.
You smile up at her, "That. Was. Amazing. As usual. What song did you just play?"
Her eyes widen slightly and that familiar blush reappears, "Oh, an original."

You push yourself off the soft cushions and walk over to her.
Tapping her nose delicately, you say, "Jirou Kyoka, you are a musical genius."
Her lips curve into a smile, "I can show you more when we go back to my house."
"Good." You return her smile and help her with turning off all the equipment.