Chapter Seventeen

Today was your first normal day back at school after internship week. The rest of the week with Aizawa had gone as planned. The only difference being that, when splitting off for night patrols, the heroes went off in groups of two or three, instead of independently, after what happened with Stain. Todoroki, Iida, and Midoriya recovered from their injuries in time for class and their secret remained hidden from society and the rest of the school.

The sight you see, sliding the door to your homeroom open, is one that will remain engraved in your memory forever. At your side, your pink haired best friend lets out a choking sound as she sucks in a gasp. The two of you quickly make your way across the room to join in your friends' current states.  Bakugou stands at his desk with his arms crossed and an eyebrow ticking in irritation, as Denki, Kiri, and Sero clutch their stomachs, tears falling from their eyes. Mina joins in without a second of delay, while you stand there too dumbstruck to even laugh.
"What the hell happened to your hair?" You ask with a look of utter confusion and a hint of amusement. Bakugou's usual chaotic state of blonde hair is neatly slicked down in a clean cut fashion.

"My hair's gotten used to this and I can't get it to go back to its natural state! Stop laughing, you bunch of hyenas! I swear I'm going to-" Bakugou explains his situation through clenched teeth.
You interrupt him, or more so, your quirk does as you direct a small updraft of wind through his hair.
"What the hell, dumbass!" Bakugou yells at the sudden pressure.
Denki, Mina, Kiri, and Sero only laugh harder at the sight of Bakugou's hair poofing right back up to its natural form. You can't help the little chuckle that escapes your lips.

The bell rings and your father begins his lecture about how important the internships the class attended are on your futures, as well as expressing how he hopes you all learned a lot from them. His following statement is what sends most of the class in a frenzied state.
Aizawa starts to collect the stack of papers on his teaching podium into his hands as he says, "Your final exams begin in exactly one week, so I hope you've all been studying effectively. Remember, the written exam is only one portion of the test. There's also the practical aspect, so don't forget to maintain a training regime." He slides the door open and looks at the class over his shoulder, "You have the rest of the class today to study. Good luck." Your father walks out into the hallway and slides the door shut.

'3..2...' You mentall start to countdown.
"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!"
"ONE WEEK!?!"
"We've been so busy with the sports festival and internship that I forgot all about finals!"
The class is sent into an uproar as many who placed on the lower end of the grading scale on their midterms seek help from those who placed highly. Having received the highest score, Momo excitedly offers to tutor those who need assistance in studying.
Kirishima walks over to where you and Bakugou remained sitting at your desks, "Man, I should probably join Momo's group. I got fifteenth place in the midterms."
Bakugou growls, "What, you don't think I know enough to teach you? I placed third and I'll beat all the knowledge into your skull!"
Kirishima grins, accepting the aggressive help, "Sure, I'm counting on it."

The red head turns to look at you, "How about you? You should join us! You can help Bakugou tutor me, I'm sure I can use all the help I can get."
You let out a small groan and mumble, "I don't think I can help much with the tutoring."
Kirishima cocks his head to the side in question, "Huh? What do you mean?"
This catches Bakugou's attention and he twists in his chair to face you, a devilish smirk spreading across his face. "What was your ranking for the midterm?"
You roll your eyes at the smug boy, "I got thirteenth."
The blonde lets out a dramatic and obnoxious laugh, "Dumbass. You didn't even make it in the top ten."
Your cheeks flush in frustration, annoyed at his exaggerated reaction.
You throw a glare his way, "Shut up before I-"
His eyes light up at the threat. "Before you what?" He says, challengingly.
You raise an eyebrow, "Before I shut your damn mouth myself."
Bakugou leans forward against the desk a little more, "You don't stand a chance against me! I think we all saw that at the festival." The boy gives you a haughty smirk.
"Bakugou, you piece of-" You and Bakugou start standing up out of your chairs, only Kirishima quickly steps in nervously.