Prologue

The sky raged a heavy storm, lightning illuminated the heavily puddled streets as Aizawa opened the gate to his home. The cacophony of thunder drowned out the distant sounds of rainy day traffic and even the whimpers and cries of the small child sitting at his doorsteps. The pro hero stopped abruptly as he noticed you sitting there. He took in your puffy eyes and the tears streaming down your flushed cheeks as they fell down onto your rain soaked dress. He crouched down to your level slowly and placed a gentle hand on the top of your head.

"What're you doing out alone in this rain, kid?" Aizawa asked gently, afraid to startle you.

You slowly drew your glossy eyes up to meet his tired ones.

"I did something very bad." You said, your young voice barely over a whisper.

Aizawa's eyebrows slid down into a slight frown, confused. "What did you do?"

"I disobeyed my parents."

Aizawa doesn't miss the slight tremble that went through your tiny body and the fear reflected in your wide eyes from admitting those four words.

"How?" He asked as he grabbed your hands and gently pulled you up to standing.

"I didn't give it to the big man like my mommy and daddy told me to," you began to explain, your throat slowly tensed up as tears fought to fall from your eyes, "He wanted it. And I...I made the building fall." You finally admitted, losing the battle against suppressing your cry.

"Okay. I'm going to need you to explain something for me, got it?" Aizawa asked, slightly worried. You nodded your head quickly, feeling safe around this strange man.

"Your parents and the...uh... the 'big man', what did they want from you exactly?" He asked cautiously.

Deep down his stomach had begun to twist in both anticipation and fear for what your answer might be.

"This." Your voice small. Suddenly, the rain around you and the man halted, mid fall.

Aizawa took his gaze away from you and focused on the change you caused in the environment around him. He slowly turned around himself, admiring the clear droplets suspended in the air.

As quickly as you stopped the trajectory of the rain, holding it against its will, you let go and it fell back into its natural state of downpour. The action snapped Aizawa's attention back to the situation unfolding before him.

Aizawa turned to face you once again, letting out a long breath from his nose.

"They were going to take your quirk." He said, not asking but waiting for you to confirm.

The twisted sensation in his stomach moved up to his heart, as he watched you give a shaky nod.

Aizawa pulled you into his scarf and holds your head protectively, "You've been through a lot, kid. C'mon lets get you dried up. You hungry?"

You nodded sheepishly, holding onto Aizawa's scarf tightly and wanting to never let go.

Aizawa noticed how you gripped onto his scarf with all the might in your small hands, as if that was the last thing you had left in this world. And to you, it truly was. "Good," he said looking down at you, "cause I'm starving."

Dry and practically drowning in one of Aizawa's t-shirts, you sat on a chair at the table, barely tall enough to reach over and successfully get the ramen from the bowl to your tiny mouth. The pro-hero sat across from you, in his casual wear. After a couple of moments in comfortable silence, Aizawa spoke up.

"I told a couple of the other heroes about you and what happened and they're headed over there to check out the scene. We're thinking it's best you stay with one of us for a while, that way we know you're safe, is that okay with you?"

You nodded slowly, letting out a quiet, "You."

"Huh?" Aizawa said as he lazily walked around the table to pick up your bowl.

"Can I stay with you?'