Chapter Sixteen

It's the third night of internships and you finish getting ready for patrolling so you knock on Shinsou's door and wait for his response, which quickly follows.
"It's open, come in." He says from inside.
Walking in, you see him lying on his bed playing on his portable gaming device, dressed and ready for tonight's patrol.
You plop down on the couch near his desk, "You know if Dad's almost ready?"
He pauses his game and looks over at you, "He said he only had like 3 more assignments to grade, so probably soon."
You sigh pulling out your phone to check your notifications, which were mostly texts from your group chat. Taking a second to scroll through the messages, you laugh at your friends' funny texts. Sero and Denki were arguing over who between the two could go the longest without sleep, Kiri quickly adding that he could beat them both. You shake your head and add, 'when it comes to not sleeping, I'm pretty sure I have you all beat.' Mina emphasizes your message, explaining how she wakes up to random messages you had sent her at three in the morning. You all then start discussing how at least everyone had Bakugou, who never responded past nine at night, beat.

A notification from Midoriya pops up at the top of your screen but Shinsou calls out your name, stealing your attention.
You look up at him, his game in an outstretched hand, "Wanna play?"
"You sure? I wouldn't wanna top your score or anything." You say, confidently.
"In your dreams." He laughs, walking over to sit next to you on the couch as he hands you the device.
You grab it and start to play the game on the screen, thinking about how Midoriya was probably checking in about how your internship was going. Just like he had done yesterday and the day before. You smile thinking about the caring green haired boy.

You and Shinsou spend the next thirty minutes playing his video game, waiting for your father to finish up his teacher duties to take the two of you on night patrol.
"Kids, come down!" Aizawa calls out from downstairs.
"Finally." You let out, standing up and adjusting your pulled back hair.
"Yeah, I don't think I could've handled more of your sucky attempts at winning." Shinsou says slyly.
You elbow him in the ribs, "Shut up. I literally matched your high score."
"Yeah, but you didn't beat it." Shinsou retorts, rubbing his side.
"Yet." You counter with a raised brow.
The two of you walk down to see your father standing at the door, keys in hand.
"Alright. So there's no patrol tonight cause three of your classmates engaged in a villain attack and as their teacher I have to go clear some things up with the board. I called for Midnight to come over to watch over you two."
You and Shinsou look at each other and nod at Aizawa in understandment, happy to spend time with your favorite aunt.
"But what happened, are they okay?" You ask about your classmates, worried for their safety.
"They'll be giving me all the details about what happened at the meeting, but they've assured me that Midoriya, Todoroki, and Iida are all okay and being taken care of." Aizawa explains. He takes a breath and adds, "By the way, Midnight said she would be busy until a little later, so Mic's coming over for the hour Midnight can't be here, behave." Aizawa says, rushing his words towards the end, knowing the two of you would have a complaint of some sort.
You and Shinsou are left there, staring blankly at each other.
"Did he just say-" You start.
"That Uncle Mic is coming over? Yep." Shinsou says, blinking.
And in perfect sync, you both let out a lengthy sigh.

"PRESENT MIC IS IN THE HOUSE! WHERE ARE THE MINIZAWAS!?!" As if the security hadn't announced his arrival, Present Mic makes his presence known.
Boo and Spooky scurry off in a blur, running to hide in one of the rooms upstairs.
"We're in the kitchen Uncle Mic!" You call out to the loud blonde.
He pokes his head into the room, "Hello! What are you two doing?"
Shinsou waves at Present Mic, "We're making chicken nuggets want some?"
"HELL YEAH!!! Those are my favorite!" He shouts, excitedly.
"We know." You say letting out a breathy laugh.
Shinsou prepares the plates for you and Mic and your uncle asks, "So what do you two want to do tonight?"
"We could watch a movie?" You offer up, serving yourself a glass of water.
"Or play video games?" Shinsou adds on, placing the plates in front of where you were all sitting at the table.
"I swear you two are just like Aizawa, it's creepy. Wouldn't you rather do something fun? I KNOW! LET"S DO KARAOKE!!!" Present Mic shouts as he sits at the dinner table.
"Oh, I don't know. My throat's been bothering me today." You say making up an excuse.
Shinsou coughs, and continues, "Yeah, I think we might be catching a cold."
"WHAT?!? Are you two alright? Hmm, maybe no singing tonight." Your uncle says, pressing a hand to your forehead and then to Shinsou's.
"Yeah, I think that's best." You conclude.
Mic pops a nugget in his mouth and says, "Damn, karaoke won't be as fun without you guys but at least you can still cheer me on!"
Shinsou practically chokes on his food.
You can't help but smile as, over dinner,  Present Mic starts to compile a list of all of your favorite songs, along with Shinsou's, to sing, in what he was now calling his concert.