Chapter Eight

Your eyes flutter open and you spend a solid minute staring up at the ceiling.
'Today is going to be a looonnnggg day.' You think to yourself.
Walking over to your bathroom to prepare yourself for the day, you quickly check your phone. Mina sent you a picture of herself with a look of dread, captioning it as, 'I have to train but I don't wanna get out of bed.' You laugh and snap a quick mirror picture, responding with a, 'I managed to get myself out of bed.'
You walk downstairs to see Midnight and Aizawa already in the kitchen drinking their coffee.
"You don't need to babysit me, woman." Aizawa says tiredly.
Midnight looks at him with a raised brow, "May I remind you, you are drinking coffee out of a straw because both of your damn arms are broken. Now stop being so stubborn and chill out."
You can't help but playfully roll your eyes with a little laugh.
Midnight smiles as she sees you walk into the kitchen, "How was it last night with your friends?"
You sit down across from her, next to your dad, "It was fun. We talked about the sports festival. Everyone's really pumped up for it."
"Good, they should be." She replies.
"I start training today." You say with a nervous smile.
Aizawa frowns, "Why do you look nervous?"
"I mean, I've never really talked to Todoroki so I'm scared it'll be kinda awkward and then I'm just gonna drop a 'oh and by the way I have a fire quirk and I want you to help me with it'. And then there's the other one." You sigh.
Aizawa cracks a smile, "Todoroki is cool and collected. You've spent too much time trying to find your fire out of anger. Maybe this different approach will help."
You tilt your head in agreement, "Yeah you're right."
You get a text from Todoroki saying he's here.
"Alright, well, I gotta go." You say standing up.
Midnight frowns in sligh panic, "Wait, he's here?"
You fan your hands, "Relax, Aunt Midnight, I told him an address a couple blocks away."
Aizawa shakes his head at Midnight, "And I'm the one who needs to 'chill out'."

You walk the two blocks seeing the familiar half red half-white hair from a distance. You wave at him and he returns your action.
"Good afternoon, how was your morning?" He asks politely.
"It was fine, how was yours." You respond.
"Also, fine. Thank you for asking." He says handing you a cup.
"Thanks, what is it?" You ask him.
"Tea. I don't really like coffee." He explains.
You smile, "Me neither. It kinda makes my stomach hurt."
"The taste is simply awful." He says stone faced.
You laugh a little, "Agreed. So where are we training?"
You and Todoroki start to walk, the latter taking the lead.
"We'll train at my house." Todoroki says.
"Oh, are you sure?" You ask him.
"Yeah, it's no problem really. Only my sister is home."

Once at Todoroki's house, he leads you to the training room.
Todoroki stops in the middle of the room and sits down, "How exactly does your quirk work? Does water belong to one side and air to the other?"
You walk over and sit down in front of him, "No, mine works a bit differently. I can summon and control water and air with a soul connection. Basically, my soul is connected with the elements. I had to find a deeper connection to the environment around me when mastering my quirk. A lot of it is spiritual or mental. So when I summon an element with my soul or mind, it'll mimic my movements if I ask it to. By using only the spiritual aspect, I know you have a fountain in your backyard, the wind is blowing to the east, and your sister is in the room three doors over. With my physical aspect I had to go through a lot of combat training and martial arts, in order to know how to maneuver my quirk effectively. I don't know if that makes sense."
Todoroki nods, "I see. My quirk is limited to both sides of my body. My right side can only produce ice, and my left can only produce fire. But I choose not to use my fire."
You nod, sheepishly, "About that. I actually need your help. I know you don't use your left side and all. But I-I have a fire quirk, I don't know how to use it. I can't summon it at all."
Todoroki eyes widen for a split second but he quickly composes himself, " I see, so you have three quirks?"
You nod.
"I will do my best to instruct you with your fire." He says with a promising nod.