Chapter Twenty Two

Mina rests her head against your shoulder, yawning loudly as you stand alongside your classmates in the large expanse between the camp building and the surrounding forest. The crisp, early morning air causes a shiver to run down your spine, waking up the muscles in your body. Your father had announced last night that the agenda for today's training activities started at five thirty in the morning, leaving it clear who had gotten enough rest last night in contrast to those who hadn't. A majority of the boys forcefully fight to keep their eyes from closing, while Aoyama stands, unbothered, refusing to ever be caught looking indecent.

You glance around at the girls. Uraraka, Momo, Hagakure, and Tsu look tired yet awake enough to begin the day. On the contrary, Jirou and Mina can barely hold themselves up, drained from last night's conversations between the three of you that had only ended about two hours ago. You and your two friends had gone way into the early morning laughing and talking about the most insignificant things. It was fun at the time, but clearly the two are regretting it. You shrug it off. As your father's daughter, you've learned from years of experience how to run on minimal amounts of rest.

"Good morning, students. Today marks the second day of camp and the first official start of your vigorous training regimen. The goal is for all of you to drastically improve your skills in order for each of you to earn your provisional license. Your license will grant you access to take action against the dangers lurking in the city's streets." Aizawa explains. His eyes scan the crowd of students before him. The students' tired faces turn to those of eager and determined ones.
Your father's eyes land on the blonde a couple feet beside you, "Think fast, Bakugou."
Bakugou reacts quickly and catches the softball Aizawa throws his way.
"Now, I want you to throw that for me."

Bakugou looks down at the ball in his hand, spinning it around once in his palm before tossing it up and catching it, playfully, "Yeah, sure, like in the fitness test."
"That's correct," Aizawa nods his head lazily, "At the beginning of the school year, your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved."
You realize your father's intention with this exercise is to test Bakugou's progress and you can't help but be curious as to how much he's actually grown. The class has been through a lot since the beginning of the school year, so you could only imagine how much stronger everyone has gotten. Bakugou takes his place a few feet from the crowd where you and your classmates stand, waiting in anticipation.

Kiri leans over and whispers in your ear, "He can probably throw it a lot farther now."
"I wouldn't be surprised." You admit to your red haired friend.
Bakugou swings his arm around in a windmill motion, preparing his shoulder for a powerful throw. Kirishima calls out words of encouragement as the blonde warms up.
Bakugou shifts his weight onto his back foot and moves his arm, holding the ball, behind his head, "Nobody blink, you'll miss it."
He quickly transfers his weight onto his front foot as he slices his arm through the air and flicks his wrist, all the while activating his quirk to send the ball flying, "Go to hell!"

"Go to hell?" Midoriya whispers beneath his breath.
You roll your eyes at Bakugou's choice of vocabulary and watch as the ball soars way over the forest trees until it's out of sight.
"That was only 709.6 meters." Your father says, unimpressed.
"That's it?"
"No way."
"I thought it would go a lot further this time."
"Yeah, me too."
The rest of the class start to worriedly whisper amongst themselves, now doubting their own progress. Your eyes are fixed on Bakugou as he remains frozen in his place with disbelief in his eyes.
'Maybe we haven't grown as much as we thought.'

"You've attended UA for a single semester. And as a result of a variety of experiences, you have all definitely improved. However, much of that progress has been limited to mental prowess and technical skills. Evidently, your quirks, themselves, have not advanced much on a fundamental degree. That being said, the whole purpose of this camp is to focus on improving your quirk's power and ability." Your father pauses, his lips curling into a cruel grin, "Let's hope you all survive."
Mina squeezes your arm tightly. A thick cloud of tension falls upon the class as everyone's nerves are heightened by Aizawa's words. It is going to be a long week, indeed.