Chapter Twenty Six

You watch your friend's eyes widen in shock as he looks down at the weapon impaling his thigh. The boy stumbles back and you make it to him in time to throw yourself behind him, catching him beneath his shoulders. 'Shit, shit shit.'  Your eyes examine his leg as Bakugou lets out a stream of curses. "I'm going to kill these damn villains!" He shouts angrily. His eyes water slightly from the pain he's surely in. Bakugou attempts to push himself back up to standing but you keep him down with an arm across his chest.

'I have to pull the knife out if I'm going to use my water ability to heal him as best I can.'
"What the hell are you doing, fireless? Let me up so I can blast these assholes into oblivion!" Bakugou rages, his eyes shooting daggers at Twice.
"Listen, I can mend your injury as best I can but I'm going to have to take the knife-"
"You're out of your damn mind, fireless!"
"Do you trust-"
"Like hell-"
"Bakugou, do you trust me?" You raise your voice over his.
His eyes search yours, finding them looking back at him in all seriousness.

"Fine." He scoffs, shifting his gaze back to the weapon in his leg, "But I'm pulling the damn knife out myself." Before you can protest he reaches his hands over and takes the dagger by the handle, dragging it from out of his thigh. The boy doesn't wince, keeping his jaw set and brows furrowed.

A torrent of crimson blood gushes from the deep puncture wound. You don't waste time in bringing your hands above the injury, working hastily to keep Bakugou from losing as little blood as possible. You let your eyes fall shut, activating an anxious water spirit. Having already sensed the immediate need for care from the shift in your soul, the water spirit flows through you intentionally.

Water begins to rise, hovering over the puncture wound in a small bubble beneath your hands. You lower your hands slightly, the cool water pouring gently into the opening between his skin. Like it did with Denki, a mental image of Bakugou's energy flow replaces the darkness behind your eyelids.

Exhaling softly, you sacrifice some of your own energy in order to gain control and manipulate Bakugou's to repair the torn tissue and muscle. Your energy flows into the healing water and combines with that of Bakugou's energy, creating a soft white glow within the water.

You open your eyes to the boy watching, mesmerized, the shining liquid reflecting off of his ruby eyes. Your lips tug into a smirk and he scoffs, tearing his focus off of your healing ability. Letting your eyes fall shut again, you direct some of Bakugou's energy to target the open wound in his thigh. Slowly his body works to repair the injury, starting from within and making its way up to his skin.

The flow of energy into the wound stops. You watch as the bright glow of Bakugou's energy makes its way to where he is hurt but is blocked by another force. The water spirit hums a warning from the smallest corner of your mind. You snap your eyes open and look at Bakugou with confusion. His brows furrow as he feels a strange sensation form over the knife wound.
"He's stopping you."
You lift your head in the direction of the League of Villains' mastermind. Even in All Might's clutch, the man manages to stop you.
"Go to hell." You whisper.

With no way to stop the brute, you direct your attention back to Bakugou's condition. Your gaze falls over his thigh, the wound significantly better than what it had previously been. The puncture remains deep enough for stitches but well enough for him to continue to fight with caution. You fear that with too much motion he'll tear the wound open again.

Your hands fumble slightly for the knife at your side as you cut a slit in the ends of your shirt. You tug forcibly at the divide, ripping enough fabric off to wrap around the blonde's thigh. Moving quickly, you lift his knee carefully and begin wrapping the fabric around the wound. As you tie a sturdy knot to hold the material in place Bakugou speaks up.