Chapter Six

Staying with your Aunt Midnight was always an experience. Growing up, there were few times Aizawa would have to leave you with her to attend meetings or missions. After a while you found yourself spending nights voluntarily at Midnight's house. Or, really, mansion. The woman became almost like a mother figure in your life. The room you stay in holds many memories of endless nights spent laughing, crying, dancing, and talking with your favorite aunt.
Tonight was different though.

After being admitted from the hospital where Recovery Girl saw to your injuries, you'd walked out of there with only the scar around your neck remaining. It was fully healed, but remnants of the faded scar remained. There to be a constant reminder of the day you almost lost your father. To how if you'd only been stronger, you could've saved him from the pain he'd endure.
Luckily your father had regained consciousness but was sleeping when you were discharged. You stood at the edge of his hospital bed and let silent tears stream down your face. All you could manage to say was, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't save you back there, Dad. I'm sorry I couldn't stop them. I'm sorry I couldn't use my stupid quirk. I'm sorry-" a gentle hand at your back, stopped you from continuing.
"Your dad is very proud of you. The next time you see him, he'll get to express it himself. But know he is very very proud of how brave you were. You did exactly what you could and did the right thing, hun." Midnight says softly.
You turn to face her and she gives you a sad smile, pulling you into a warm embrace. For a split second the world and your worries fade and you feel safe in her arms. The haunting thoughts flood right back into your head when she lets go.
"Cmon, let's have a little sleepover at my place." She smiles at you.
She puts a hand behind your back and guides you out of your dad's hospital room.

A black car waits for you and Midnight out front and the two of you get in the back. You stare out the window, taking a few deep breaths. Midnight looks over at you knowingly, she speaks up in order to pull you from your thoughts and distract you from everything you're going through right now.
"Have you made any friends at school, babes?"
You nod, a slight smile creeping on your face at the thought of your friends, "There's this girl named Mina, I think she's my best friend. We talk a lot and she's always really nice to me. Then there's Kirishima. I like his vibes. I recently met a boy named Denki, he's pretty chill. Oh and there's this other girl named Jirou, she's sooo cool."
Midnight beams, her eyes water a bit as she sees you go on about the friends you've made, knowing that was what made you anxious about attending UA.
"Good, I'm glad. Any enemies I should know of?" Midnight asks, punching one of her fists into the other palm.
You laugh a little, "No, Aunt Midnight, I don't have an enemy at a school made to train heroes."
Midnight shrugs, "Hey, some heroes-in-training are a pain in the ass, heck, some actual pro-heroes are a pain in the ass. Don't even get me started with some of my classmates from when I was in school."
Intrigued and desperate to get out of your own head, you look over at your aunt, "Tell me about it."
You and your Aunt Midnight spend the entire rest of the car ride talking about her teen years. Oftentimes bursting into laughing fits when talking about her relationship past.

Over dinner, you suddenly remember something. Halfway through telling you about what the school was planning on doing about the UA Sports Festival, you interrupt her.
"He knows about Dad and my quirk." You blurt out.
Midnight stops, spoon halfway to her mouth, she sets it down, "What? Who knows about your dad? And what do you mean about your quirk?"
You look at her confused state, slightly nervous you explain, "Bakugou, a guy in my class...I guess he overheard when he saved me from the villains. I mentioned my quirk and- and called dad, 'Dad'. I didn't mean to but it slipped out."
Midnight blinks, she says your name seriously, "Do you know how much trouble you are in?"
"I know, I'm sorry, he won't say anything. I know he won't, Bakugou wouldn't-" You begin.
"I don't care about Bakugou! The villains know you're Aizawa's daughter! Do you know what that makes you?" Her eyes widen in fear.
"I-" You're once again cut off.
"A target!" She walks around the table and looks you in the eye, "It makes you a target."
You sigh, "Aunt Midnight, I'm sorry but in the moment I...if something were to have happened..." Your voice cracks and tears build up, once again.
She shushes you, pulling you into a tight hug. She strokes your hair, reassuringly.
"It's okay, babes, I understand. I'm sorry I yelled I just...I'm worried about your safety." She says a little above a whisper.
You take a shaky breath, "I know. Thanks, Midnight."
Midnight pulls back to look at you, "I have a meeting with the board tomorrow. I'll tell them about the situation and we'll come up with the best plan to keep you and your classmates as safe as possible. But in
the meantime, especially with your dad's current state, I think at least one or two pro-heros should be staying with you and Aizawa for a bit. I'll talk to them about alternating nights."
You nod, and say, "As long as it's not Uncle Mic, I think Dad would appreciate that, as much as he'll probably fight against it."
Midnight laughs, "He'll probably be the first one to want to participate. He'll help get Aizawa back in his annoyed spirits"
You laugh, thinking back to the many unexpected visits from Present Mic and how terrified your dad would look when he walked in.
As Midnight picks up your plates she says, "Hey go pick out a movie for us to watch, just like the old times. I'll be up as soon as I'm done with the dishes."
You smile and get up to head upstairs, saying, "Okay.