Chapter Twenty One

You and your classmates exchange glances, all confused by your father's previous statement about this not being a rest stop.
"Well if it's not for resting then why are we-" Kirishima starts.
"It's been a while, Eraser!"
"Hey, Eraser!"
Two friendly faces make their way out of a black car and walk over to meet Aizawa in front of the rest of your class.
"It's been a while." Your father responds.
The two pro-heroes take their place next to Aizawa and turn to face you and your class.
"Say meow because your feline fantasies have arrived!"
"The absolutely cute and catlike..."
The two heroes finish in unison, "Wild, wild, Pussycats!"

You stand alongside your friends, blinking, as you all watch the routine of an introduction the two heroes put together.
"Class, these are the pros you'll be working with this week for the training camp."
You look over at the two women in an attempt to recall having ever met the heroes before. Your mind goes blank. With a shrug you watch as Midoriya rants about the Wild Wild Pussycats being a four person team that specializes in mountain rescues. He doesn't bother hiding his excitement. Midoriya beams through his explanation, the pitch of his voice raising an octave with every word.
"The pussycats assembled when we were just kids! This is their twelve year working as-"
The class cringes as the green haired boy gets a face full of synthetic cat paw.
The blonde, Pixie Bob, shushes him quickly.
Through an aggressive smile of clenched teeth, Pixie Bob says, "I think you may have miscalculated. I'm really young at heart."

Midoriya massages his jaw and takes his place next to Iida and Todoroki as soon as the hero lets him go. Pixie Bob joins her brunette companion, Mandalay, as they look over at the stretch of forest in sight.
Mandalay directs the class' attention to the labyrinth of trees, "We own this expanse of land. Everything you can see, belongs to us."
Pixie Bob nods, adamantly, "You see the base of the mountain over there?"
Mandalay watches as you and the rest of the class squint in an attempt to see beyond the batch of trees at the foot of the mountain.
She smiles, "That is where you'll be staying for your summer training camp."

A looming tension grows thick as the hero's words resonate with the class. You feel your chest tighten as the realization hits you.
Uraraka's voice quivers, "Uh, so, why exactly are we all the way over here?"
Tsu puts a hand on her shoulder, "I think we all know the answer to that."
Denki runs a hand through his hair, nervously, "Oh, c'mon, they probably just wanted to show us how safe we'll be with the surrounding forest and all. Right?"
Mina nods, "Right. It was like a little tour thing."
"Yeah. Uh. Back on the bus. Quick, let's get on the bus and they'll take us right to the camp." Sero says through a forced smile.

"Don't bother. It's currently nine thirty in the morning. If you move hastily, you might make it back before noon." A sinister smile spreads across Mandalay's face.
A moment of silence passes, the hero's words sinking into everyone's minds.
An eruption of nervous shrieks disrupt the peaceful atmosphere. Birds take flight from the comfort of the trees as the class grows frantic.
Many of your friends run towards the bus like their lives depend on it.
Kirishima takes hold of your arm, "C'mon why aren't you running?"
You shake your head, "I don't run if I don't need to."

The pro heroes stand in their positions, in front of the class, and watch as the chaos unfolds.
Mandalay just happens to catch your conversation with Kirishima and says, "Eraser, don't tell me...that's..."
Pixie Bob turns her attention to where Mandalay is staring and a slight gasp escapes her lips.
A small nod from Aizawa is enough to send the two pussycats in hysterics.
Mandalay estimates your height from afar and places her hand around where the top of your head would be in comparison to her, "She's gotten so big."
Pixie Bob squeezes an imaginary child in her arms, "Do you think she remembers us?"
"Probably not." Aizawa crushes their hopes in a monotonous tone.
The girls pout out their bottom lips at him, to which he only shrugs.
"She was seven and you played with her during a meeting for thirty minutes max." Your tired father explains.
"Well, either way, she's grown up so much." Mandalay says.
"Oh, I can't wait to spend more time with her. I bet she's strong." Pixie Bob comments.