Chapter Twenty Four: Part One

"Fireless!"
Your fingers twitch at the sudden sound. The world is dark and you hear nothing but the distant voice calling out for you.
"Wake up!"
The numb state of your body fades as you slowly regain consciousness. Every muscle in your body aches with unforgiving pain. Your limbs hang limply from the firm hold under your knees and supporting your back.
"Fireless. C'mon, wake up! Wake up!"
The voice grows clearer and your senses begin to awaken. Your cheek rests against a warm, hard surface as your ear presses against it, listening to the thundering pounding beneath it. The urgency and bounce in the person's movements finally stop as a door creaks open and the cool night air brushes up against your skin.
"Goddamnit, you saved me! Now, please, wake up!"

He's pleading. You feel it in your stomach as he lowers himself, along with you, down to the earth's surface. You rest in his lap, strong arms holding you tightly to his chest, afraid that if you slip away from him, for even a moment, your life does too.
"Fireless. Open your eyes, right now! Wake up! Don't- Don't go."
You part your lips, "I'm. I'm not. Going anywhere."
Your words are barely above a whisper, but it's enough for the boy to pull you from his chest. His forearm slides from it's support on your back to cradle your head as your eyes flutter open. Your vision is blurry at first but his familiar features soon clear and you gaze back into Bakugou's gleaming crimson eyes.
"You damn, idiot! How stupid are you? Why the hell did you come after me? You could've died!" Bakugou yells, a blend of concern and anger instilled in his words.
"The league nearly killed you!"

The volume of his words cause a ringing in your ear as he rambles on about how nonsensical your actions were and about how he didn't need saving and that he was already working on how to escape alone.
"You're...you're welcome." You hear the raspiness in your voice as you force your words out.
Bakugou shakes his head and tears his eyes from you, "Tch. You can't even speak properly."
You muster up the force it takes to dig the elbow you have pressed against his stomach as he holds you, into his ribs.
He snaps his focus back to you.
"Thank you." The words make their way out through his gritted teeth.
"Sorry...I. Didn't hear. You."
"Don't make me regret it, fireless!" He yells.
Your lips curve up into the slightest sign of a smile, the best you can offer in your weary state.

Bakugou turns his attention away from you and out to whatever catches his attention. His jaw pops as it clenches and an angry look returns to his face. He tucks his legs in under him and rises back up to standing.
"Bakugou?"
"How the fuck did he escape?" His hold on you gets stronger and you can feel his heart start to race. You follow his gaze and watch as Shigaraki walks out of an abandoned building with broken, boarded up windows. In a flash, you fall to the ground and you wince as your ankles roll at the sudden contact with the concrete. Shigaraki lifts a slow and shaky arm, fingers curling into his palm, as he points a threatening finger at you. The world around you slowly fades to darkness until only the two of you are all that's left in the oblivion. The menacing grin on his face makes your heart accelerate and the breath you inhale never reaches your lungs. You struggle for air, snapping your head around for any sign of life as Shigaraki grows closer. A soft cry escapes your lips as you fight to take in air, your chest aching as you hyperventilate.

"Kid!"
You search furiously for the familiar voice. Everything inside you is telling you to get up but your body betrays you, frozen and unable to move.
"Dad! Help me!' Hot tears start to trickle down your face.
The dark, empty void starts to feel like it's spinning as Shigaraki grows closer, hand outstretched and ready to put an end to you. Your heart beats against your chest furiously, in it's own attempt to escape your body and save itself.
"Kid! I'm right here! I'm right here!"
"Dad! Please, help me! He's getting closer!" You scream out, begging in any last attempts to save yourself.

Shigaraki smirks before he suddenly disappears from a couple feet in front of you. A whimper leaves your throat as you stare out into the neverending dark. His laugh rings out and echoes from all around you. You want to cover your ears but you can't.
"Daddy, I don't want to die." You whisper beneath your breath.
The laughter stops. Your chest tightens and fear takes root in the pit of your stomach as the terrorizing silence takes over.
Without warning, Shigaraki appears right in front of you with all five of his fingers wrapped tightly around your throat and you scream.
"Kid!"