Chapter Twenty Three (Part One)

"Woah, Bakugou, you're actually really good with a knife. It's kinda weird." Uraraka says as she places a variety of vegetables from a bowl onto his cutting board.
The boy growls in response, "How the hell is that weird?! Just cause the rest of you are as useless in the kitchen as you are on the field-"
"Maybe I should just let those 47 boulders I saved you from, hit you next time." You shrug as you and Denki walk past his table.
"Hey, at least he's not blowing things up." Denki offers as the two of you carry plates over to the large table set-up of silverware, napkins, cups, bowls, and dinner plates.
"Shut up!" Bakugou calls after the two of you, which only causes you and Denki to laugh under your breaths.

The first three days of training elapsed quickly. The third day's exercises were just as vigorous as the second day's. You and Bakugou continued to challenge each other throughout your training, calling each other out anytime either of your quirk attacks seemed weaker and making the exercises harder for each other. However, today, the usual fire that burned in Bakugou's eyes was different. It had been replaced by an even stronger, brighter, blazing, and more threatening flame. Sometime during your training, you'd remembered the conversation the two of you had at the brink of dawn and wondered whether admitting his struggles had lifted a weight off of his shoulders. Regardless, his newfound determination was only going to make both you and him even stronger on the training grounds.

"I'm really starting to hate that we have to make our own dinners." Kirishima complains as you stop by his work station. The cluster of kitchen utensils and sloppily arranged vegetables makes you shudder. You slowly start to tidy up his space, organizing the knives by size and grouping the produce so that all the different vegetables remain within their type.
"Thanks, you're the best." Kirishima says with a beam, as he continues to work his knife through the ingredients.
"I know." You smile back at him, "Now, I'm going to go drag a currently lounging Aoyama to wash some dishes with me."
Kirishima whistles, "Good luck with that."

After guiding the kicking and screaming, dazzling blonde over to the sinks, you, Aoyama, Tsu, and Todoroki clean all the dirty dishes of those who took on the cooking preparations. As soon as you finish, Mina announces to everyone that dinner is ready and the four of you head over to serve yourselves. You take your tray and head over to where Mina, Bakugou, Kiri, Sero, and Denki sit, taking your spot in between Mina and Denki.
"So, do you guys think we'll get to choose partners for the test of courage thingie Pixie Bob was talking about?" Sero asks.
"Hopefully," Denki says, in between bites, "I wanna pair up with Bakugou. It'll be hilarious to see him scared."
Bakugou's only response is a lazy "tch" as he continues to eat his meal.
Mina swings an arm around your shoulders and catches you off guard, "Well, we are going to go together." She turns her head to face you, "You definitely seem like the type to watch scary movies like they're nothing. I'll be more than safe with you."

You laugh nervously and move the food around your plate with a fork.
'Actually, you've got it all wrong. That's my brother. Shinsou watches horror movies to sleep. And just hearing the film from the other side of the wall makes me lose sleep. I should really switch my room to the guest one.'
Mina, Denki, Sero, and Kirishima then start to take bets on whether you or Bakugou will be the one to break during the test of courage.
Bakugou looks over at you and a smirk creeps up his face, "Are you sick?"
You frown at him, "No. And if I were, why would you have that creepy look on your face?"
He scoffs, "You've barely eaten anything. Don't tell me you're actually scared."
You roll your eyes, "Please, it's only going to be a walk through the woods. Pixie Bob will probably just use her quirk to make little mud monsters. It's nothing we haven't seen already."

Bakugou shakes his head and sets his fork down. The blonde looks over at the rest of the group and gets their attention, "Hey, losers, she doesn't know about the story behind these woods."
The four of them turn their heads back to you and Bakugou, completely dropping the conversation they were having about their bet.
"Oh, yeah. You were washing dishes when Mandalay came and told us." Mina explains.
Kirishima nods, "Mandalay came and told everyone at the cooking tables the story."
Sero gets up from his seat and walks over to the neighboring tables, pulling Todoroki, Aoyama, Tsu, Midoriya, and a few others who were in charge of cleaning and organization duties, over.
"What's going on?" Todoroki asks, standing behind you.
Tsu nuzzles her way in between you and Mina, while Denki slides over and gives Midoriya room to sit.
"Why was I pulled away from my delicious food? My tummy isn't full yet." Aoyama whines from his standing spot next to Todoroki.