Chapter One

Your eyes slowly flutter open and you groan at the sudden exposure to the sunlight. You let your eyes adjust for a second, looking up at the glow-in-the-dark stars scattered and stuck to the ceiling of your bedroom. Letting out a tired sigh, you bring yourself out of bed and drag your feet over to the bathroom in order to prepare yourself for the day.

After applying light makeup, changing into your uniform, and sweeping your hair up from out of your face, you look at yourself in the mirror. After taking a few seconds to inspect your presentability, you give yourself an approving nod and switch the lights off in your bathroom.

You grab your bag as you walk out of your room and take a step into the hallway, only you stop after noticing the door of the room across from yours is still closed. With a smirk, you bang on the door as hard as you possibly can without breaking it. Without a second of delay, Aizawa lets out his usual, and very angry, "KIIIIIID!"

You laugh, trudging down the stairs and walking into the kitchen to prepare your sleep-deprived dad's coffee. Soft fur brushes past your leg and you look down at the little black kitten, scooping her up into your hand.
"Don't worry, you'll get your food next." you say moving from the coffee to the pantry where the cat food is kept.

Spooky eats her food, happily, as you and Aizawa sit at the island eating a quick breakfast.
"So, Dad, can you tell me what we're doing today or am I not supposed to know?" You ask curiously.
Having calmed down from being rudely awoken, Aizawa looks up from his food and gives you a 'you-already-know-the-answer-to-that-question-why-do-you-even-bother-asking' look.
And to that you shrug your shoulders in defeat, "Well, it was worth a try."
Aizawa gives a sly smile, "Was it really?"

                                            ~

Taking a sip from his coffee, at a red light, Aizawa turns to face you sitting in the passenger seat. "Nervous?"
I frown, "Why would I be nervous? My dad is my teacher. I have a strong quirk. My grades are...I have a strong quirk."
The light turns green and Aizawa shifts his focus back on the road, "Your grades are good. Stop saying they aren't solely because of one subject. Which you still do fine in, just need some extra help."
You cross your arms, "It's useless anyway. You can't say you're generally smart if you don't excel at all subjects."
Aizawa pulls into the UA staff parking lot and maneuvers the car into his reserved spot. Turning the engine off, your father turns to face you.

"You realize, despite saying that, you don't actually believe it right?" He says reading right through you. "You mentioned you had a strong quirk. You believe you do. I believe you do. And yet you can't use it to its full potential. Water, earth, and air are your strong suits. Your good subjects. Fire, your weak point. Your bad subject. Even though you struggle with a part of it, your quirk is still powerful. You are still powerful. Now stop being so hard on yourself. It leads to stress. And stress leads to no sleep. Trust me, you don't want to go there."

You laugh a little at how he concludes his fatherly speech. Letting out a sigh, you admit defeat.
"You're right, dad."

"A little self challenge is fine, but you need to know where to draw the line between a personal challenge and self degradation. Got it?" He reaches over and places a soft pat on your head.

I nod, "Got it."

Walking into the building through the back entrance with your dad was ordinary. You've been coming here for years, only this time, you are a student. After seeing the heroes, who became your family from the very start, in the staff room, you exchange many hugs, take many pictures, and even console a teary eyed Midnight before you walk out and begin your tread to the classroom.