Chapter Nineteen and a Half

A soft knock sounds at your door.
You lift your head up from your pillow and prop yourself up on an elbow, "Come in."
Shinsou opens the door and his violet eyes scan the room for you. Spotting you, he lazily makes his way over to the edge of your large bed. The boy places his hands on his knees, as he sits down beside you.
"So are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I supposed to guess?"
You heave a deep sigh and let your head fall back against your pillow.
Slowly shutting your eyelids, you respond, "Nothing's wrong, really. Just the usual."

The words force themselves from your lips. A feeling of guilt takes over after lying to the boy. A knot forms at your throat and your chest tightens as you feel his eyes land on you.
"Your fire will come. You know, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself."
Shinsou means well. He always does. It pains you to lie to him but it would destroy you if speaking up resulted in someone you love getting hurt. A wave of nausea hits you at the idea of Shigaraki and his villainous league capturing your family members or friends. You sit up and pry your eyes open in an attempt to settle your nerves.
"If I had a dollar for every time someone's said that-"

"You'd be rich, I know. But, look at you. Stressing over it is making you physically ill. You've paled at least ten shades. I think some fresh air would do you some good." Shinsou expresses, worriedly.
You look down at your hands resting in your lap.
As if on cue, your phone vibrates and lights up besides Shinsou's spot on the bed.
He grabs it, sneaking a quick glance before he tosses it over to you.
"Who's Denki and why are you meeting up with him in twenty minutes?"

You laugh at his protective state, "He's a friend and we're meeting up to skate over to the big field for some quirk testing. Wanna come?"
Shinsou slouches at the thought of meeting someone new, "Sounds like a lot of work."
You grab his shoulders and shake him, "C'mon, Shinsou, please. It'll be fun. You and Denki will get along just fine."
The boy lifts a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose, "You were moping around like a zombie three seconds ago and now you're rattling my brain." His gaze then shifts over to you and he sighs, "Fine. But if I get bored I'm going back home."

The two of you walk over to your dad's room to find both him and Midnight hunched over his desk, looking through stacks of papers.
"Well, we're going to have to take precautions and change the location after Midoriya's encounter with the leader of the league." Aizawa insists.
"I agree. But we should try to withhold disclosing the information on the new location from the students. Just for their safety. You'll just take them on the bus, that way there's no chance word gets out to the public about where the camp and students are located." Midnight adds.
Aizawa slumps down into his seat, "These damn villains. This isn't their first time going after the kids." His jaw clenches as the memory of you in Shigaraki's clutches, at the USJ attack, burns into his mind.
Your father slams his hand on the desk in anger.
Midnight puts a hand on his shoulder, "Aizawa, we're going to catch them."
"I could've lost her. I could've lost my daughter to that power hungry villain." Your father's leg bounces up and down, distraughtly.

Midnight stands by him, "But you didn't lose her. She's still here with you and safe from Shigaraki's clutches. We're going to put an end to them, Aizawa."
The man stands back up and continues shuffling through the papers, "The kids' safety is our top priority. I don't want them anywhere near my students. And they damn well won't lay a finger on either of my kids again."

Midnight smiles at him, "Speaking of the kids, Shinsou's staying with me while you're away at the training camp, right?"
"If you don't mind, yeah. I know the kiddo's not going to want to stay at Mic's." Aizawa answers.
Your aunt laughs, "Of course, I don't mind. I love having the kids over. As crazy as it sounds, they make me feel sane."
Aizawa nods, "Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without them. They have a way of taking you away from this crazy world to just be happy for a moment."
Midnight fans her eyes, drying the tears that threaten to fall, "They're doing a lot of good to you."