1

MILLIES POV

"Millie! Ron's here!"

I pulled myself out of our swimming pool and quickly dried as best I could. I wasn't cold from the water - the sun was so hot it felt like I was in a desert. I chucked a light over-sized t-shirt over my bikini and ran across the fresh grass of our garden and into the kitchen, where Ron stood happily chatting to my Mum, brushing himself down from the flew powder. His freckles on his face had increased, because the Weasleys had been to Egypt for the first week of the Summer. But now they were back, Ron had taken to turning up randomly at my house unannounced this summer, travelling by flew powder. My Dad, who had been working a lot because of the recent Azkaban break-out of Sirius Black, had built a pool in the garden when I had been at school last year, so Ron and I had had some good times swimming in it. Ginny and the twins had also come often, too.

"Hello, Ronald," I greeted him, pouring myself a glass of ice-cold water and chugging it.

"Alright, sis?" he said, thanking my mum and leading himself out into the garden. He had been at my house this summer more than his own, and my Parents adored him. He was even more like a brother now than he had been before.

"What's your excuse this time?" I asked, watching him take his shoes and socks off and dipping his feet in the pool.

He shrugged. "Don't have an excuse this time, I'm just boiling. We were all playing Quidditch and the heat was so bad - I needed to cool down."

"Oh, so you're using me for the pool?" I said, taking the t-shirt back off.

Ron chuckled. "No, no - well - yeah, kind of, but seeing you is a bonus!"

I laughed. "Maybe this'll cool you down." And before he could so much as register what I had just said, I ran and pushed his back hard so that he fell, fully-dressed, into the pool. He let out a high-pitched scream, which sounded very similar to my own, making me roar with laughter. I quickly dived in next to him, splashing him wildly.

"You're such a git, Millie Donovan!" Ron yelled over the splashes, gasping for breath.

"You said you wanted to cool - AAGGGHHH!"

Something big landed on top of me and I was thrown back under the water, flailing my tanned arms and legs everywhere. I pushed my feet onto the blue pool floor, and appeared above the water again. Sounds of laughter and shouts instantly met my ears. Rubbing the water from my hazel eyes, I squinted to see three other red-heads splashing around and jumping in; Fred, George and Ginny had arrived.

"I'm not the only one who wanted to cool down, Millie!" Ron shouted, shoving George away who was trying to drown him.

I laughed as my Mum came into the garden, holding a tray of lemonade glasses and beaming. "You Weasleys will be the death of me."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The last few weeks of summer came and went. A few days before we would be returning to Hogwarts for another year, us and the Weasley's booked rooms at the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley, so that we could get our school stuff. I wrote to Mione, too, so the Grangers did the same. Ron and I met her outside the pub a day after we had arrived; she was nearly as tanned as myself, and looked very happy to see us.

"MILLIE!" She wrapped her arms around me, before quickly pulling away, staring at me through wide eyes.

"Erm...what's wrong?" I asked her, exchanging a confused look with Ron.