32

MILLIES POV

"No...is that...no-"

"That can't be her-"

"They look absolutely gorgeous!"

Hundreds of heads turned our way as Mione and I walked in to the party together, our arms linked confidently. Only this time, people were not only gushing over me, but also my best friend, as they should. I beamed at her; after our chat by the black lake, Mione and I had gone back to the dormitories to wipe the mascara that she had smudged whilst crying, and straightened her hair. Less than thirty minutes later, we were back at the party, looking powerful.

"Together?" I said quietly, tilting my head and smiling at my best friend.

She grinned, flicking her hair back confidently. "Always."

And so we strutted into the depths of the party, greeting people on our way.

"You look hot, girls!" a Ravenclaw gushed.

"Thank you!" Mione called, waving.

A handsome Hufflepuff boy ran up to us. "Hermione, would you like to grab a drink with me?"

Mione blushed furiously. "Oh, erm..."

"Go," I pressed happily, spotting Fred and George dancing wildly by the drinks table - or should I say, stumbling.

"Erm, okay!" said Mione, giving me a quick hug, before walking away with the boy.

I pushed further through the crowd, keeping my eyes peeled for Professor McGonagall and thanking people who complimented me. I nearly fell over when I saw Elwood's head in the middle of the dance floor, dancing with a certain someone named Austin.

Seeing Elwood with a smile on his face, with a friend who wasn't me, was enough to make anyone happy. I grinned so widely that my cheeks hurt.

"Millicent!"

A slurred shout could just be heard over the music and talk, and I instantly recognised the voice. I quickly made my way over to the food and drinks table, where Fred and George were looking suspiciously overjoyed.

"Oh, George," said Fred, elbowing his twin much harder than necessary, "look who decided to show up."

"It's about time," George slurred, stumbling away from Fred and sticking his tongue out.

I let out a bark of laughter. "I'm guessing you managed to get the firewhiskey?"

"Millicent! What're you doing here?" said George, draping an arm around my shoulders. "I thought you were supposed to be distracting Ssssseverus for us?"

"I've already done that, idiot." I laughed, pushing him away. George dramatically fell backwards, so much that he had to grab the table to keep himself up. I watched him amusingly. "How much have you two drunk?"

"You really did that for us?" Fred asked, looking as though he was about to cry. "Ugh, you're the best ever!"

"Yeah, well, it didn't end brilliantly," I mumbled, looking towards the far left of the Hall to where Professor McGonagall's hat could be seen over the crowd. I diverted my gaze to the table, eyeing a large jug of liquid. "What's that?"

"Pumpkin juice, Millicent," said George, just loud enough so that a tipsy Flitwick could hear, who was dancing a few steps away. "What else would it be? Firewhisky?"

I rolled my eyes playfully as both boys sent me a sly wink.

"By the way, it's Firewhisky," Fred whispered, winking again. I raised my eyebrows in amusement, reaching out to pour myself one, before the music suddenly stopped.