3

MILLIES POV

When I woke the next morning, the first thing my mind went to was, annoyingly, Harry James Potter. What did he mean he likes me? Likes me how? As a friend or more? But more importantly, a mass- murderer was after him. That explained why two Ministry cars were coming to take us all to the station today, so that Dad could look after Harry until he was on the train.

I lay listening to the muffled voices of the shops opening for the day in Diagon Alley. Sirius Black had murdered thirteen people with one curse; Mum and Dad obviously thought that Harry would be panic-stricken if he knew the truth. But Harry seemed to be fine, and I think I knew why - Dumbledore. Didn't people always say the only person Voldemort had ever been afraid of was Dumbledore? Surely Black, as Voldemort's right-hand man, would be just as frightened of him?

Mum came in a few minutes later with a cup of tea.

"We have a good few hours before the train leaves," she told me, opening my curtains. "But there are a lot of us - you better get up, sweetheart."

She left and I got ready for the day, pulling on some denim shorts, a red t-shirt and some white trainers. I was just persuading a disgruntled Smokey to get back into his basket when Ron banged his way into the room, pulling a sweatshirt over his head and looking irritable.

"Ugh, Ronald," I snapped, turning away from him. "Do you mind getting dressed before you come and talk to me."

"I'm done now," he said impatiently, jumping up and down. "Hurry up - the sooner we get on the train, the better - atleast I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his girlfriend. She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy-"

"Congratulations on infuriating Percy again, Ronniekins!"

The twins had poked there heads round the door, grinning. I slipped past them as Ron began complaining loudly.

I headed down to breakfast, where Dad was talking with Mr Weasley, both looking very serious, and Mum was telling Mione and Ginny about a date Dad had taken her on years ago. All three of them were rather giggly.

"Now I know where Millie gets it from," Mione was saying as I sat down next to her, "her charm for the boys."

I raised my eyebrows as they all laughed - honestly, my Mum acted more like a teenage girl than me sometimes.

"Morning..."

Harry dropped down into the seat next to me, smirking. I glared at him warningly - if he said one thing in front of my parents...

"...Miss You-Nearly-Kiss-"

I slapped my hand over his mouth, laughing wearily. Thankfully, everyone around us were too busy with there own conversations to have noticed, so I pulled my hand away.

"You're such a dickhead," I growled, stabbing at a piece of bacon with my fork.

"That's not what you thought yesterday," Harry said casually, leaning back in his chair, "when your head was extremely close to mine..."

I groaned loudly, but thankfully Ron appeared beside him only a couple of seconds later, distracting the idiot from me.

Unsurprisingly, it was chaos leaving, mainly because everyone had to heave their trunks down the Leaky Cauldron's narrow staircase and pile them up near the door, with Hedwig and Hermes, Percy's screech owl, perched on top in their cages. Two small wickerwork baskets stood beside the heap of trunks, one containing Smokey, and the other Crookshanks, who was spitting loudly. Just like Mione had predicted, Ron had not been happy when she had told him that she bought the cat.