19

MILLIES POV

Everwhere I went the next day, whispers and rumours followed me.

"Millie Donovan and Harry Potter..."

"Are they dating or not?

"That's what I heard..."

"Make it stop," I groaned at dinner, glaring at some Ravenclaw girls who were pointing in my direction.

"I think it's sweet," Mione said, looking up from her book. "At least boys aren't trying to fight Harry yet."

Harry sent her a grimace, while I said, "You'd think people have better things to gossip about, though, wouldn't you? I just wish people would stop making up rumours. I heard one saying that we'd been forced together by Snape! I mean, come on..."

Ron nudged Harry and whispered something in his ear, before they both sniggered. I frowned at Mione, but she just shrugged and went back to reading.

"I can clear things up," Harry muttered to me, tracing my hand with his finger.

"Okay?" I said wearily, raising my eyebrows at the boy. He sent me a wink, before climbing onto the table. My eyes widened as I glanced over at the staff table, where Professor McGonagall was already pushing herself up, shaking her head warningly in Harry's direction.

"Listen up everyone!" Harry yelled. I buried my face in my hands - I had a feeling of what was coming. The Hall turned silent as people watched him curiously. "Last night I asked Millie Donovan to be my girlfriend. So yes, we are dating, and no, we are not planning on having kids any time soon, Davis-" Harry glared at a Slytherin boy, who shrugged sheepishly, "-are there any questions?"

I peered through a hole in my fingers, and to my surprise, quite a few people had there hands up.

Harry raised his eyebrows, sending me a quick glance. "Erm, okay - wasn't expecting that - alright - Yates."

Henry Yates, a Hufflepuff, called out, "Where did you ask her?"

"Great Hall," Harry said quickly, covering up the fact that we had left. "Harris?"

A Slytherin boy that I hadn't spoken to before, shouted, "Is Millie a good kisser?"

"Obviously-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, POTTER!"

Professor McGonagall had reached the table. I wouldn't have been surprised if steam left her ears, she looked so angry.

"Get down from the table right this second!"

Harry smiled sheepishly, jumping down next to her. The Hall erupted with voices again, most likely talking about what had just happened.

"What do you think you're doing, pulling something like that?" Professor McGonagall said, crossing her arms. "I'm glad you and Millie have made up, but that certainly does not give you the right to do-" she gestured towards the table wildly, "-that."

"I'm sorry, Professor," Harry said innocently. "People were making up rumours...some of them were weird, you know...didn't want them going round..."

"And I understand that, Potter," Professor McGonagall reasoned, though she still looked fierce. "But could've come up with a better way to put them at rest, couldn't you? Ten points from Gryffindor-"

"Ten points?" Harry repeated in surprise. "Only ten?"

"Do you want me to take more?" McGonagall snapped, though she had a warmer look in her eyes. Harry shook his head. "Good. Now, finish eating without standing on any tables."