38

MILLIES POV

The Gryffindor party only ended when Professor McGonagall turned up in her tartan dressing-gown and hair-net at one in the morning, to insist that we all went to bed. Lyra, Lavender, Parvati and I climbed the stairs to the girls dormitory, still discussing the match.

"Mione?" I called through the darkness.

"Girls?"

The four of us walked over to Mione's bed to find her laying in it, fully-dressed; her pillow was soaked from tears.

"Oh, Hermione," said Lavender, reaching out and stroking her hair gently.

"Ron's being a complete idiot," Parvati growled, listening to the distant thud of the boy's dormitories, where they had apparently continued the party.

"I've got an idea," I said suddenly, jumping onto Mione's bed and laying down next to her, making her and the other three giggle. "Let's have a sleepover."

Mione snorted. "A sleepover? Millie, we basically have a sleepover everyday-"

"Not really," I said, propping myself onto my elbows and looking up at the other girls for support. "Lyra is here, too. There's no way she can go back to the Ravenclaw common room, now, not with Minnie being awake."

"I already had to hide from her behind an armchair when she came in," Lyra told Mione, making the girl laugh. "Now I know how you feel, Millie."

I snorted, kicking her gently. "We can stay up late... gossip...eat food...I mean, are any of you actually tired after that party? I'm still wide awake-"

"Me too," Lyra agreed instantly, sitting down cross-legged on the end of Mione's bed. "Lav? Parv?"

"Obviously!" Lavender squealed, while Parvati nodded eagerly. All four of us made ourselves comfortable, grabbed some left-over party food and began our girls night - or morning, considering it was 1:00 am.

"That Cho Chang was eyeing up Harry a bit in the match today, don't you think?" said Parvati, leaning her head back and frowning.

"Loads of girls eye Harry, Parv," said Lavender, shaking her head, a small smile apparent on her lips. "Little does he know that's he's like, the most popular boy in our year."

I hummed, smirking. "I think he does know it."

"It's true," said Lyra, rolling her eyes. "The girls in my dormitory are obsessed with the Gryffindor boys. According to them, those boys are the hottest in our year."

"Cant argue with that," I said, smiling smugly at the thought of Harry.

"Anyway, the only girl Harry likes is Millie," said Lavender. "It's obvious."

I frowned. "But Cho is really pretty, and she's the year above. I didn't even realise she was flirting with Harry."

"Not flirting," Parvati corrected, "well, she was flirting with him, but he was definitely not returning it. He barely even looked at her."

"As he should," Lyra said fiercely, popping an Every-Flavoured-Bean into her mouth.

"There's nothing to worry about, Millie," Mione assured, smiling. "You're prettier and much more interesting than her. You and Harry are soulmates!"

"Soulmates!" I laughed. "Well, if H does entertain Cho, I'll have to entertain Ron or someone."

The girls burst out laughing as I giggled, "I'm only joking, don't worry..."

I was not joking.

"Speaking of Ron, Mione-" I reached out and squeezed her hand. "-please don't cry over him. The amount of times you two have argued and he has always come back to you!"