49

MILLIES POV

As June approached, the days became cloudless and extremely hot, and all I felt like doing was strolling into the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But I couldn't. The exams were nearly upon us, and instead of lazing around outside, I was forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully my brain into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows. Of course, the practical exams were going to be easy for me, considering my power, but it was the written ones I was worried about, especially because I had hardly done any homework this term. Even Fred and George were studying; they were about to take their O.W.L.s. But, as I constantly reminded them, it could be worse. Percy was getting ready to sit his N.E.W.T.s, the highest qualification Hogwarts offered, according to Mione. As Percy hoped to enter the Ministry of Magic, he needed top grades. He was becoming increasingly edgy, and gave very severe punishment to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. In fact, the only person who seemed more anxious than Percy was Mione. Luckily she at least had Harry and Ron again, who had finally plucked up the courage and apologised properly to her a couple of weeks ago.

Harry and I were pretty much back to normal - 'normal' meaning friends. This didn't stop us from constantly flirting all the time though, making my feelings for him grow even stronger than before. It was frustrating, because at times I was nearly 100% sure that he knew what he was doing when he 'accidentally' leant over me to get something, allowing me to breath in his vanillary scent, or purposely walk directly next to me, making our fingers brush the tiniest bit. But whatever it was, I was enjoying it.

One afternoon, on a particularly sunny day, I found myself trapped in the Library with Mione and Lyra. The 'study' session basically summed up how everyone was feeling.

"Nope, I'm done," Lyra announced after approximately nine seconds of silence.

Mione peeked up from her work, frowning. "What do you mean, you're done? You've still got a whole book to read, Ly!"

"The only time I'm reading that bloody book is over my dead grave," she said, using a piece of parchment to start making origami.

"I have to agree with you on that one," I grumbled, feeling slightly dazed as I accidentally read the same line of writing for the tenth time.

"Millie!" Mione exclaimed, banging on the table to snap me out of my daydream. "You have three more books to read! What're you going to do in the exam if the topics come up?"

I shrugged. "Write some random stuff and hope for the best?"

Mione sighed, shaking her head as she returned her attention back to her book.

"What're you doing?" I whispered to Lyra, furrowing my eyebrows as I watched her - she was staring across the Library, her lips slightly parted and her eyes glazed over dreamily.

"Staring at my future husband," she breathed, not sparing me a glance.

"Who's your - oh dear." My gaze landed on Fred, who was sitting on the other side of the library with George and Lee. "I can't believe they're actually studying," I said, shaking my head, feeling impressed. "I think this must be the first time they've ever stepped foot in the Library."

"Well they have to, don't they?"'said Mione, not looking up from her work. "They're taking their O.W.L's this month, and it's very important. I can't imagine how stressed they're feeling-"

Her voice was drowned out by George's yelp, as Fred enchanted his ink to drop all over his twin. Percy wasted no time in hurrying over and yelling at them; his shouts were even louder than Madam Pinces, who had dropped everything and marched over to the three Weasleys.