4

MILLIES POV

"I can get Fred and George to get us some fire whisky!" I exclaimed to Elwood. We were sitting in an empty compartment, and had been for the last couple of hours. The rain had thickened as the train sped yet further North; the windows were now solid, shimmering grey, which gradually darkened until lanterns flickered into life all along the corridors and over the luggage racks. "Hogsmeade is bound to have some."

"I'm so excited." Elwood sighed happily. "I was going to go by myself-"

"But now we are going together," I reminded him, laying down across the seat. "I want to get inside Honeydukes, too."

"Ah, the sweetshop," said Elwood, a dreamy look coming over his face. "They've got everything...Pepper Imps..."

"...great fat Chocoballs...

"...Sugar quills..."

"...endless chocolate frogs..."

"...sherbet balls...acid pops...fudge flies..."

I suddenly sat up. My three least favourite people were making their way towards Harry, Ron and Mione's compartment.

"El, I need to go," I interrupted the boy, who was still listing sweets. "I'll see you at school, yeah?"

"Okay." Elwood smiled at me, before pulling out his book to read.

I quickly left the compartment, reaching the door just in time. I stepped in front of it, blocking the way.

"Alright, sexy?" Malfoy said, taking a step closer to me. I grimaced and his face dropped.

"Malfoy." I nodded at his sneering expression. "Careful - stay like that for much longer and it'll become permanent."

Malfoy scowled and opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted him. "Turn that frown, upside down!" I pretended to demonstrate what a smile was, but his expression remained the complete opposite.

"Get out of the way, Donovan," Malfoy sneered, sliding the door open and pushing me into the compartment. My friends quickly looked up to see who it was; Harry stood up immediately, grabbing my wrist and pulling me behind him.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispered, not taking his eyes off of Malfoy. "Did he touch you?"

"No, no," I reassured him. "I'm fine."

"Well, look who it is," Malfoy drawled, as though he hadn't just been standing outside for the last five minutes. "Potty and the Weasel."

Crabbe and Goyle chuckled trollishly.

"I heard your father finally got his hand on some gold this summer, Weasley," said Malfoy. "Did your mother die of shock?"

Ron stood up too, so quickly that he knocked Crookshanks's basket to the floor. Professor Lupin, who was still asleep, gave a snort.

"Who's that?" Malfoy demanded, taking an automatic step backwards as he spotted the man.

"New teacher," I said casually, knowing full-well that Malfoy couldn't do anything under a teacher's nose. "What were you saying?"

Malfoy's pale eyes narrowed. "C'mon," he muttered resentfully to Crabbe and Goyle, and they disappeared.

"Im not going to take any shit from Malfoy this year," Harry said angrily, sitting back down.

"Me too," said Ron fiercely. "I mean it. One more crack about my family, I'm going to get hold of his head and-"

Ron made a violent gesture in mid-air.