33

MILLIES POV

"11!"

( A / N - yeah I had to start the countdown at 11 because I accidentally wrote too many sorry )

I threw my arms around Elwood, kissing his cheek fondly.

"Have you been drinking?" he shouted over the noise, wrapping his arm around me. "Because me too!"

"I would do anything for you!" I cried, taking another sip of firewhisky. "I would fff-fight anyone if they hurt you."

Tears formed behind my friends eyes. "I would do the same for you, Millie! I would, I would, I would..."

"10!"

"Oi!"

I marched, more like stumbled, over to Austin, who was dancing with a few other Ravenclaws. He turned to me, smiling. "Millie-!"

"No!"

I poked his chest with my finger. "Elwood and I just told each other we'd fight whoever hurts us," I slurred, narrowing my eyes. "So hurt Elwood and we fight. Got it, Hampton?"

"Got it," Austin replied, raising his eyebrows.

"Good." I straightened up, sending the handsome boy a wide grin. "Have you tried the pumpkin juice yet?"

"9!"

"Yeah, I used to think you were a bit of a bitch," I said casually, leaning against the wall and smiling at a confused Lavender. "But I don't anymore! You're one of my best friends, actually. I love you. I love a lot of people. I love Harry. Ugh, he's so handsome-"

"You love Harry?" said Lavender, her eyes widening with glee. "You just said you loved Harry!"

"Did I?" I asked, genuinely confused. "Oh, yeah, I do. He's my boyfriend."

"I know!" Lavender gripped my hands, smiling ecstatically. "Awh, that's so cute! I want a man!"

"How about Seamus?" I suggested, eyeing the boy who was stuffing crisps into his mouth. "His accent is cute."

"Maybe," said Lavender, tilting her head. "I'm not sure. You and Harry work so well together."

"We do, don't we?" I raised my cup to Lavenders. "I'm going to make a toast. To your dead rabbit!"

I clinked my cup with hers, drinking happily.

"8!"

"Lyra! What're you doing?"

My mouth fell open as I watched the blonde do another handstand against the wall, allowing Padma and Parvati to pour firewhisky into her open-mouth and gulp it upside down.

"She's wasted!" Padma shouted, holding a cup of her own.

"Is that Millie Donovan?" Lyra exclaimed, falling onto the floor. "Millie, join me!"

Thankful for an excuse to lay down, I dropped down exactly where I was, not bothering to move out of the way. My hair was sticking to my forehead and my stomach kept churning unexpectedly.