45

MILLIES POV

Mione had slapped Malfoy around the face with all the strength she could muster. Malfoy staggered. The rest of us stood flabbergasted as Mione raised her hand again.

"Don't you dare try to insult my friends, you foul - you evil-!"

"Hermione!" said Ron weakly, rushing forwards and trying to grab her hand as she swung it back again.

"Get off, Ron!"

Mione pulled out her wand. Malfoy stepped backwards, muttering, "filthy mudblood..."

I grabbed my wand and pointed it at him.

"Aguamenti!"

A powerful shot of water from the tip of my wand drenched Malfoy from head to toe, as he let out a loud shriek. I stopped the hex, stepping so close to him that our noses were nearly touching.

"What did I say about treating girls like that, dickhead?"

Malfoy shivered, glaring at me, his eyes dark.

"C'mon," he mumbled, and he strutted away, Crabbe and Goyle following behind him. The fourth Slytherin boy, however, sent me a smile.

"Nice hex," he said, chuckling. "I'm Theodore Nott, but call me Theo. It's good to meet you."

"You too," I said, shaking his outstretched hand. I suddenly noticed how handsome he was. "I'm-"

"-Millie Donovan," Theo finished, sending me a charming smile. "Yeah, I know. I've seen you play Quidditch. You're amazing - at Quidditch, I mean," he added, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thank you," I said, tilting my head happily. I frowned as his eyes peered behind my shoulder.

"Potter and his mates are looking at you," he said, leaning closer to me for a second. "I'll see you round, Donovan."

"See you." I waved as he walked away.

And thus formed my perfect revenge plan.

"What was that all about?" Mione whispered, elbowing me. "He was so flirting with you!"

"What? That's insane," I said, rolling my eyes at the girl. "He's Malfoy's friend. I'm surprised he even spoke to me."

"Yeah, well, it's not a secret that Malfoy finds you attractive, too," said Mione, wiggling her eyebrows. "I imagine you're the Gryffindor exception for the Slytherin boys."

I hummed. "Okay, Mione, whatever-"

"I'm serious, Millie!" She grabbed my shoulders so I was forced to look at her. "This could be your opportunity to get over Harry! Plus, Nott is extremely good-looking-"

"Who's good looking?"

The Gryffindor boys had come over, Harry in the front.

Mione's eyes widened. "Oh, erm-"

"Theodore Nott," I said cooly, twirling a piece of my hair around my finger.

Harry looked as though he'd just been slapped around the face.

"Nott?" he said slowly, narrowing his eyes. "But he's Malfoy's mate..."

I smiled sarcastically. "I suppose you've been 'closely observing' again, have you?"

"Or course not," he said, wrinkling his nose. "I don't care what you do anymore. We aren't friends, remember?"

I felt a pang of sadness again, but that didn't stop me from growling, "That's right, so stop interfering in my life! If I want to hex Malfoy, I'll hex Malfoy, don't come and try holding me back-"