Chapter 18 - Her foot

Adriel Hamilton

I don't know why but since I got back from Europe my body feels a little weak, but maybe it's because of the jet lag I don't know. I got basketball practice after school today, I can skip it but we got game coming so I think I can't just leave it. Just like what dad always say a man has to be responsible on everything he takes. So here I am, being responsible on what I took, but it sounds lame when your body wants to fall but you also have to run, ugh.

"Hey what are you thinking," this brown hair girl aka Bexter suddenly appears next to me.

"Heading to the basketball court why?" I ask her and I found her looking at me weirdly.

"You look unwell," she says before putting her palm on my forehead.

"Unwell?" I ask her back.

"I'm alright," I say to her before continue to walk down the hall, I wonder why this girl keeps following me because we're heading to the basketball court's direction.

"Woman, why are you following me?" I ask her confusedly.

"I have cheerleader practice too," she says with a smile on her face.

That smile has been appearing on her face since that Caleb guy asked her to be his girlfriend, great for her. I know she deserves someone much more that Jordan, he hurt her so bad, makes me want to punch him but I know he's not worth it. She seems very happy these days and it makes me super relieve. I know this girl since we got into junior high school, wasn't a good year for her cause her parents got divorced that year which is sad. I've never imagine if my parents got divorced, it'll break my heart and I know I won't be able to live a normal life. But Becca she handles it pretty well, I mean I know how broke she was but look at her now she's started to grow even more.

"Excited for the next game?" I ask her then she smiles again.

"Yea," She smiles at me.

"Are you going to support us or are you going to betray us this time?" I ask her then she laughs.

"Of course eagles u dumb," she hits my arm.

"The game is still in a few weeks though," she says.

"Well yeah, should I skip today's practice?" I ask her then she looks at me.

"I'm not feeling well," I sigh.

"Of course not Adriel, you have to finish what you started," she pushed me with both of his hands.

"I haven't even join the practice today," I ask her in confusion.

"Just go, I know you're only lazy," she says.

"Ugh okay see you later," I say before we went separate ways.

Well maybe she's right, it's just me. I'm lazy but ughhh I want to lay on bed until the sun wakes me up tomorrow.

~

The coach blew out the whistle, today's practice has finally done. I take my towel before laying on the floor, feeling like I'm going to pass out. Sweats are all over my body, today's practice is killing me I need a long warm bath tub asap.

"You okay man?!" Jamie suddenly came up to look at me with a smile on his face.

"Man, today's practice is killing me," I say before he helps me getting up from the floor when suddenly two girls enter the court.

"What are they doing here?" Jamie says then I shake my head while still catching my breath.

"Aren't one of them is your girlfriend?" I ask them he shakes his head.