Chapter 36 - Meeting him

Adriel Hamilton

Becca's finally get back to school but I still can see those grey clouds around her head, she lost her shine in some kind of way. Some people won't notice the change in her but I cal tell that some people that close to her especially Caroline, Jack and I. She tries to play it cool like nothing happened in her life but we all know how well she played her role.

I've been asking Ashley to get Caleb's IP address and just like Ashley would do, she would do anything for her friends. But there hasn't any progress from her, I wanted to ask Arlo for help but I guess Becca doesn't want him to know.

I can say that I'm not polite enough to wait for Ashley so I texted Caleb that I want to meet him in person, this time I've promised him that I won't bring anyone with me. He told me later to meet him in the house, he texted me the address and I told him that I would meet him after school. After the last period I went out of the class and rush into my car, knowing my driver would be around. Evan has his football practice today, Azura is going to her friends house it's a perfect time and the only time that I can meet him is right now.

I was walking towards the car when I heard Caroline suddenly called my name which make me turn my head around to spot him and Jack standing in front of Jack's orange jeep.

"What?" I asked.

"Where are you going?" Caroline asked.

"Home," I said to her.

"You're lying," Jack said then I turn around to look at him.

"No, I won't do anything stupid this time," I said and for a second I realized that it's very obvious that I'm going to do something.

"You're not a good liar at all Adriel," Caroline said.

"Where are you going Adriel? We just want to make sure you don't do anything stupid that can make Becca overthink again," he said then I sigh.

"Alright, I'm meeting Caleb,"

"Just me and him, can I go now?" I asked them, while they're looking at me with a 'here we go again' look.

"We won't let you go there alone Adriel,"

"We don't want you to get into a messy fight, because at the end we know how Becca can overthink about it,"

"Where are you going to meet him?" Caroline asked.

"At his house," I said.

"Are you sure he won't inviting any of his trash friends today?" Caroline asked then I suddenly feel stupid for believing that douchebag.

"Come on take us, we'll stay in the car," Caroline said.

"Just to make sure you won't get killed and thrown away into the river," Jack said then I can only stay in silent while looking at the two of them.

"Fine," I said.

I told my driver that I'll be going somewhere with my friends and told him to text Evan. Because maybe he needs a ride back home after his practice. I got into Jack's car then we went to Caleb's house which turned out pretty far from here.

When we got there I texted Caleb that I'm outside, I told Caroline and Jack to wait in the car. I wait at the front porch while looking around at his nice white classy house, Becca told me that he took her here once. It is a nice house, but I don't know why they keep a trash boy in the house.

I push the bell then wait for him to open the door, I thought that he'll be a coward for inviting his friends but turns out he's not.

"Let's talk outside," he said and it's very clear for me that he doesn't want his family to know that their son has got into a dirty business.