Chapter 27 - New Year New Beginning

Rabecca Reinhart

We're finally back to school again, it's very weird that you have to go back to school again after having the best night of your life. I still can't get off the thought of the fact that he loves me,

he loves me, and I love him too.

"You still can't get over the fact that someone's in love with you?" Caroline teased while I can only smile.

"It went just perfect," I say to her.

"Anyway what time is your boyfriend going to be here?" She asks then I chuckle,

"I don't know but I better get ready, first game in a brand new year," I say to her before getting up from the seating.

It's between the tiger and eagle again, I started to get tired of them meeting at the court but I know I would miss this kind of day. No matter how I got tired because of high school, I know that I'm going to miss it one day. No matter how boring the teachers are, how toxic people are, bad ex boyfriend, it's high school.

I got change and get into the court where I can see everyone started to get their seat at the bench. I look around with jacket covering my cheerleader's uniform looking at Adriel who is practicing his shoot at the court. He looks at me once I got in and walk towards me,

"Hi," he says.

"Hey what's up," I say to him.

"Nothing, will you ask me what's inside of my mind?" He asks then I rolled my eyes.

"What's inside of your mind?" I ask him with a smile on my face.

"We're counting games before my last game," he says to me then I smile.

"Not just your game, my cheerleading career too," I smile at him.

"Yea that too," he sighs.

"I just want to win before we graduated, so many lost have counted," he says then I smirk.

"You finally admitted that you lost," I say.

"Yeah I lost but it was last year," he winked then I laugh.

"New year eve is just last week," I say to him while he's being goofy.

"There's no more loosing this year! My last fucking year in high school!" He shouts which caught the junior's cheerleaders attention.

"My junior are looking at you weirdly," I whispered.

"Trust me, one of them must want to date me," he confidently say which makes me roll my eyes.

"So you want me to introduce you to them?"

"Tell me which one do you like?" I ask him while I stand next to him with my arms crossed in front of my stomach.

"I've told you.., we're graduating and long distance will never work," he complained.

"Hey it's still a couple hour more before the game wanna walk around school?" He asks then I look at him with a smile.

"Yeah let's go I'm bored," I say to him.

Both of Adriel and I walk out of the basketball court to walk around school and ended up in a school's park. The park is basically located right in the middle of our school, people used to hang out here every break time but now it's just us. Laying on the grass looking up at the blue sky, I don't know why we ended up here I literally mocked him when he did this on his floaty now I'm laying next to him staring at the blue sky.

"I literally don't want to leave high school," he suddenly says.

"Why," I ask.

"I already feel comfortable here," he says.