Chapter 20 - Annual weekend

Rabecca Reinhart

It's Saturday I went to the closest book store because I'm running out of books to read. I used to have some stocks of books that I bought online but today, I know I'll spend my time at the mall.

I also want to look for a gift for Azura, I know what she likes. We're pretty much the same, so if I like something I know she will like it too. Azura is like a sister to me, since I don't have any siblings so I see her as my own little sister. I watch her grow through times and I can tell she's growing up to be a girl boss.

I got some new books and I paid it with dad's card, I'm walking out of the book store while checking on the bill to look at how much did I just spend. Now I just need to find a good place to seat and read the book that I just bought, while waiting for my boyfriend. Caleb has his club practice today but he'll be free tonight, so I'll meet him tonight. Both of us have no idea what to do today but at least we're at the mall there are plenty things we can do here.

I was calmly reading until a figure pull out a chair to take a seat in front of me, I look up at the person and I knew right at the moment it's none other than Caleb. He looks fresh and I can smell his cologne, he looks kinda tired because I don't really see him smiling.

"Hey," I look up at him.

"Tired?" I ask him while he's sitting in front of me, he is wearing a black hoodie and I can tell that all he needs now is a bed to sleep.

"Yeah," he says then I tilt my head.

"Have you ate anything?" I ask him then he shakes his head.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask him.

"Anything," he says.

"Japanese food will be great," he says.

"Let's go," I say before getting up from the table.

We walk out of the cafe then make our way into the food area, looking for any Japanese restaurant. I'm not that hungry because I just had a piece of almond croissant but this guy I know he's starving. After a while we finally got into the restaurant and order our food as soon as we have our seat.

"If you're tired you can go home after this, I can always call my driver, or I'll take an uber," I say to him who looks unmotivated.

"No.., let me drive you home," I say before he puts his chin on the table, before has his eyes close.

He has his club practice once in two weeks but I feel bad for him because for me, weekends supposed to be spent with friends and family. Well maybe basketball practice is fun for him but I see him getting exhausted after every club practice which is kinda weird for me to understand.

"So what do you want to do after this?" He asks me.

"I don't know, we can go home and you can rest," I say to him then he finally smiles.

"I'm alright Becca," he says.

"Let's just walk around the mall and see if there's anything we can do," he says then I nodded.

"Have you found a gift for Azura?" He asks then I nodded.

"Yeah I have but I already handed it to my driver and told him to take it home," I say to him then he nodded.

"How's your foot much better?" He asks then I nodded.

"It is fine now," I say to him.

"So you'll be performing next week?" He asks.

"Performing what?" I ask him.

"Cheerleading?" He asks then I remember the tournament is next week and I'm going to perform.

"Yeah but I won't do the back flip and anything with jumping, the coach won't let me," I say to him.

"Yeah don't, I don't want you to get injured again," he says to me.

I smile at him while looking at him who looks tired, I know he can fall asleep once he touches his bed. The food finally came then we eat our sushi together, after we finished eating we asked for the bills, I wanted to pay my own food but he refused just like always. He has a rule when he takes someone on a date it means all the bills are on him.

We got out of the restaurant and his hand automatically holds mine, I look up at our hands then to him. I can hide a smile on my face and I can't lie that I'm in the state where I am so happy. He leads the way to wherever around the mall. I like this kind of feeling so much I hope this one will last forever.

"Where do you want to go?" he looks down at me.

"I have no idea.., how about you?" I ask him then he shakes his head.

"Let's just walk around until we found somewhere to go," he smiles then I nodded.

"The boys and I were talking about where do we wanna spend our last summer together yesterday," he says while we're walking next to one another.

"Oh yeah?" I ask then he nodded while smiling at me.

"Where do you guys wanna go?" I ask.

"Maybe Malibu, or maybe just a long ride to somewhere together," he says the I smile.

"Sounds fun," I say.

"All boys?" I ask then he smiles at me.

"Yes because it's going to be the last," he says.

"How about you?" he asks.

"Caroline and Jack haven't talked about our farewell, somewhere fun of course," I say to him then he nodded.

"How do you manage your friendship, you guys will live in different continent, different time zone and everything," He says.

"I believe our friendship is stronger than that Caleb," I smile.

"You're not going anywhere are you?" I ask then he only smiles.

"I'm right here," he jokes while I can only slap his arm.

We walk around the mall, stopped to buy a cup of ice cream and decided to go home. He tried to act like he's not tired but I know that he actually is, there's nothing to do here so I guess we can just go home.

"You're done?" I ask him then he nodded.

"Let's go home? We have nothing to do more," I ask him and this time he agreed.

After he payed the bill then he drives me home, but my eyes keep watching him driving next to me because I'm worried of him. His car stopped right in front of the lobby, his eyes are staring out of the car before letting out a breath. He doesn't talk so much like he used to and I totally understand, he must be so tired.

"Hey want to come in?" I ask him then he looks at me while his hand rest on the steering wheel.

"You look so tired I won't let you drive alone in that condition," I say to him then he finally smiles.

"You can take a nap for a while if you want to," I say.

"Okay?" He says then I smile.

He turns off the engine then we walks out of his car. He locked his car then follow me inside,