Chapter 35 - Fire in their eyes

Rabecca Reinhart

It's game day again and too bad that the first game is between the Eagle and the Tiger which means I'm going to see Caleb again. It is still so hard to see the rest of the team after what happened at Ashley's, too bad that this game is held at their school but I have Adriel, Caroline also Jack to stick around with me all the time so I'll be fine.., I guess.

I'm sitting at the back seat with Adriel next to me, while his driver is driving the car. We're in his old car because he crashed the last one and it's not like every other car ride that we usually had, it is more quite than it used to. I can only hear his playlist through the speaker in the car, his dad won't let Evan and Adriel to drive their cars because of the wild racing that they committed, and I feel so bad for them they don't have to pay for what I did.

I look at Adriel who has his eyes out of the window while sitting comfortably on his side, seems like he's been thinking of something. Ever since what happened with me and Caleb, Adriel has been there the whole time and right at these times I'm so thankful that I have him. He doesn't want me to be alone and eaten by my own crazy thoughts. Just like how Caroline does and also Jack, but Adriel he always check on me maybe he's scared that I would do something wrong.

The car entered the east high area and there's where my heart started to beat so fast, I started to feel sweaty while Adriel is calling his friends asking where they are. I also begin to text my cheerleader friends asking where they are too,

"Hey," Adriel is on the phone, while he's looking at me.

"Yeah I'm here where are you?" He asked.

"Okay, I'm coming," he says turning off his phone.

"They're inside," he said to me while putting his phone inside of his bag.

"Yeah my friends too," I said to him then he smiles at me.

"Why? you nervous?" He asked.

"No," I chuckled, even though I lied.

"Don't be, you're doing great," he said with his hand tapping on my shoulder.

"Okay let's go, we'll be late," I say then he nodded before we got out of the car.

"Adriel, Mrs Hamilton want to remind you that Azura will be going home with us after the game," the driver informed him.

"Yeah thanks Fred," Adriel said then we closed the door.

"She's coming to your game? That's rare," I said, talking about Azura while we're walking into the entrance.

"Yeah she's here as the 'eyes' of my parents," he says then I smile.

"They're worried if I will get into another dumb fight with the eagles," he says then I chuckle.

"It's just rare that Azura agreed to it," I chuckle.

"I don't know I guess she's also worried," Adriel confidently said.

"Doesn't sound like her, maybe she's here to see her guy, not you," I laugh then he looks at me in surprised.

"Guy?! She doesn't have a boyfriend she'll be a nun," Adriel started to act like a protective brother.

"You guys are over protective," I chuckle.

"She's a teenager she's stunning I bet she's still single because you two are way over protective of her, I bet after you two graduated there will be many guys tried to get close to her," I say then he only laughs.

"She's pretty sassy, I bet she'll be hard to get," he says then I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah maybe I can agree with that," I chuckle.