Chapter 26 - NYE

Rabecca Reinhart

Everything went so fast this December, there are many great things happened this month. Adriel's birthday, Christmas which is the first Christmas that we spent with Emma. We even got a chance to introduce her to our big family, and I guess they're liking Emma as much as I do. Well who doesn't love her, she's very cool, smart and also very kind. She gave me a full package of limited edition make up for this Christmas, I was so happy with it. I can't believe that I finally met someone or some figure that understands me with things like make up. Living with my dad, I never really went shopping or share some make up with anyone because I'm the only girl living in the house. My dad would only transferred his money for me so I can buy make up by my own, well I'm thankful for that but the point is I'm really happy that he met Emma.

This new year party is going to be different from another year because I'm not going to spend it with the Hamilton. Caleb asked me to spend the last day of this year with him, he said that him and his friends are going to celebrate new year at a five stars hotel in town, just like always.

Celebrating new year at the Hamilton has been a tradition for me, they're like my own family so it'll feel a little different. I decided to pay a visit in the morning to their house so at least I can see them today, the last day of the year. When I got there I found Apollo and Lana are having breakfast together while Adriel is laying on top of the floaty right in the middle of their big ass pool.

I came outside to greet him but his headphones are plugged into his ears. It is very difficult to get his attention so I got to splash him with water to make him realize that I'm here. Once I splashed him he takes of his headphone then staring at me with questions in his head.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"What are you even doing there," I ask while standing right at the edge of the pool, staring at him with my hands on my waist.

"Enjoying..., the last blue sky of this year," he started being poetic.

"Thinking about what I've done, what I've achieved and be grateful for it," he says then I chuckle.

"Did someone just spit some holy water on you?" I ask then he looks at me weirdly.

"Are you here trying to make fun of me or are you going to apologize for not coming to our party tonight," he looks at me and this time he opens his sunglasses.

"Both," I say.

"You're no fun Becca, the tiger's party isn't going to be as fun as ours," he says while still laying on his floaty.

"I know you're going to say that," I say to him then he smirks.

"Everyone's coming, it'll be the last new year party in here with everyone from school before we leave for college," he says then somehow it kinda hit me hard, I'm going to miss everyone and it's going to be the last new year celebration with everyone from high school.

"You're right," I nodded.

"But what am I suppose to do, I already told Caleb that I'm coming," I say to him.

"Okay just spend some time here before midnight then you can leave around 10/11 to get your 'romantic new year kiss'" he says while making fun of me, but his advice is true I can do that.

"You're right," I say to him.

"I'm going to text Caleb," I say before walking away from the pool to take a seat on the seating.

"I have a friend-," Adriel suddenly randomly singing, making a random song out of nowhere.

"Her name is becca..,"