Chapter 43 - Aspen

Adriel Hamilton

I get my suitcase out of my room as I see Evan is already walking towards the elevator with his suitcase too. We're going to Aspen to have a weekend getaway with Amanda, her friends and family, and our friends too. Becca supposed to come but I haven't heard from her since prom night, and I hate the fact that I started to think that I messed it up. The last thing I remember that she said to me that I risked everything, and she was right, I never think it through, and now I'm scared the hell out of me that I'll loose her. Now I started to feel worry if I scared her away, and to have this picture of the future without her in it just make myself feel so uncomfortable.

"You ready?" Evan asked then I nodded.

"Have you heard anything from Becca," I asked him then he shook his head.

"I don't know, you?" He asked then I shake my head, she's supposed to go with us but since what happened.., I don't even know if she wants to see me again or not.

We got into the car that take us into the private airport where our parents jet parked. We're taking everybody to Aspen, I can say that Evan loves Amanda so much, he would do anything for the one that he loves and it is actually sad to know that she's suffering because of cancer. But I don't want to think about it, I just want to be there to support her and of course, to support my brother.

When we got there, a minute later Amanda and her mom, her mom's boyfriend and his daughter arrived. They greeted us with warm hugs as pur people help them to get their things into the plane. Amanda went to hug Evan with a big smile on her face and there's where I think about Becca.

"Audrey and Ethan are on the way," Amanda said.

"Becca," she stopped then somehow looking at me.

"She's still have something to do with her dad's wedding, she's not sure if she's coming or not,"

"She'll come of she can," Amanda said then I nodded.

I don't know if she needs more time or a time to be away from me or anything but I've never been this far from her. It feels weird and I don't even know how to feel, well, I know I want her so bad. I know that I'm so in love with her, took me so long to realize and notice that she's the one that I'm always worried about, she's the first person that I think about every time. I never know that I can fall for her this deep.

We got into the plane right after Ethan and Audrey arrived, the plane began to fly straight to Aspen. I plug my AirPods through the flight because it is early and I'm so not in the mood to talk to anyone, I felt like I just throw my 7 years of friendship into the trash bin.

After couple of hours flying the plane finally landed at a private airport, we got our stuff into the cars that have been prepared by dad's people. It took few minutes for us to get into our house, been a long time since I've been here. I walk inside and it smells like childhood, I love spending Christmas time here, only the five of us, bonfire, hot chocolate, presents.., aaah.

"Smells like childhood," I said to Evan while we walk inside as everyone began to look around the house.

"Yeah," Evan said while carrying his gym bag with Amanda next to him.

"We got 8 rooms here, adriel, ethan and audrey, your mom and her boyfriend, roni, then you and I," Evan said looking at Amanda.

"We still got more rooms if Becca decided to come," Evan looks at me but I ignore him then I went straight to the room where I usually go.

I got inside then close the door behind me, I throw myself onto the bed then lay there for a second until my eyes got heavy then I fell asleep. I woke up around 4pm because I feel hungry so I went downstairs and I find people are having their best time around the house. Guess they had lunch already, because there's still a pack left at the kitchen cabinet with my name on it. Good thing they left me something to eat or I'll be freezing.