Chapter 51 - Big elephant in the room

Rabecca Reinhart

Amanda died few days ago and it's been nothing but pretty hard for us.

Caroline, Jack and I attend Amanda's funeral at a little church near her house. I haven't met Adriel for some few days because he wants to focus on Evan who's struggling because of Amanda. I can't imagine how Evan feels right now, I was the one who hugged him when Amanda passed away at the hospital, and I've never seen him crying like that before. It the saddest state that I've ever seen in his l life, and I don't know what to do.

Jack parked his car at the parking lot and the three of us walk into the church, I've seen some people from school, most of then are Evan and Adriel's team mates. It's a gloomy morning, where I can feel the wind blowing against my skin blowing my hair away. Something suddenly caught my attention, there are couple of people with cameras waiting outside the church, and I notice that it's the paps.

"Since you're a model now, do you know the reason why they're here,"

"It's Evan Hamilton's girlfriend who died,"

"Or maybe you, since you hung out with Joe Clayton last week," Jack said then I stay in silent, I happened to hung out with him last week since we have some project going on with a brand, I know how famous he is, and it made a headline for a couple days when I hung out with him, even though it was just a one time thing. And of course Adriel knows and kind of jealous about it but there's a bigger thing happening right now.

"No," I said.

"I don't think so," I said.

We walk into the church and there's where I realize they're taking pictures of us,

"See," Jack turning around to see me before we enter the church.

We got inside and the atmosphere change, my eyes scanning the room to see Evan talking to one of his friends while Adriel is sitting next to his mom. His mom is here, with Azura also.

Jack, Caroline and I walk down the aisle right to Amanda's coffin where she peacefully, beautifully lie down. She looks beautiful just like a sleeping beauty. I frown when I remember the last thing she said to me, and knowing how broken Evan right now, it's just something that I can't carry alone. She was lovely, the kindest person I know, she got the biggest heart, rest in love Amanda, I'll never forget you.

I turn around to caught Adriel's looking at me, and there's where he got up from his seat to greet me.

"Hi," I said.

"Mom's here," he said then I greet both of his mom and sister.

"Hi Lana, Azura," I smile.

"Hi sweetheart, how are you?" She asked.

"Well.., we're all devastated," I said then she nodded.

"How's..., Evan?" I asked then she can only shake her head.

"But of course we'll do our best to be there for him," she said then I nodded.

"Yes of course," I nodded.

"Anyway, I'm going to sit with Caroline and Jack," I said then she nodded.

"Okay hon, see you," she said then I said bye before walking to where Caroline and Jack sit.

~

The funeral went well, and I can't lie, loosing someone like this kinda traumatized me a little. I've never watch someone so young and healthy and slowly became weaker and weaker, and it hurts. I feel thankful that I got a chance to know her better, I wished I know her sooner, she was like a safe place to me, especially at the time where I was at my lowest. I can't imagine how Evan feels..,