Chapter 23 - Meeting his parents

Rebecca Reinhart

A week went just like normal, school is just school it went just like that. I was busy looking for a great anniversary present for Caleb's parents even though he said that I don't have to, but I still found it anyway. I bought a beautiful Japanese acrylic bowl for their gift and I hope they'll like it as much as I do.

The car stopped right in front of a big house painted white with beautiful garden in front of it, Caleb stops the car then look at me who's sitting right next to him. He looks very shy in some kind of way and I don't know why,

"You don't have to bring them a gift you know," he shakes his head then I chuckle.

"But there's no rules fo not giving them a gift," I smile before he suddenly kiss my cheek, then smile.

"Let's go," he smiles before we get out of his car.

There are so many cars parked right outside the house and I can tell that there are lots of people inside, I can even hear them before I enter the house. His house is very modern where it all painted white. He told me to wait at the guest room before letting me to get inside, I look at the wall which has lots of pictures hanging on the wall. There are pictures of a little boy standing next to a plane right net to a man who's wearing a pilot uniform. I wonder if it is Caleb or his brother, but from the picture the boy looks just like Caleb. There are also family picture when they were in a holiday which is cute. Always wondering how it feels like to be in a complete family with brothers and sisters, looks fun.

"Becca," Caleb suddenly calls me then ask me to follow him inside.

I was a little nervous but the thing that makes me a little bit calm is that I've met his mom already. But still, there are so many people here which happens to be his family, but whatever it goes. He brings me to his backyard which has lots of white round tables. Theres are barbeque grils in the backyard, the smell of it makes me hungry but again it went away just like that when everyone around looks at me.

"Becca, welcome to our house," Zara suddenly came then hug me, which a relief for me.

"Hi," I say.

"Happy anniversary, I have this little gift," I say then give her the gift which makes her surprised.

"Honey...," she says while receiving it.

"You don't have to.., but thank you so much," she says while brushing my shoulder.

"How sweet," Zara says while smiling at me.

"Olly honey come here," Zara suddenly called someone which make me have to turn my head around to see a tall man walking towards us.

"Yes hun," he says.

"This is Becca, Caleb's girlfriend," Zara says to I believe is Caleb's dad.

"Oh hi, I'm Caleb's dad you can call me Olly," His dad put his hand around caleb's shoulder before messing up with his hair, which annoyed him.

"It is very nice to meet you, I'm Becca," I say before he shakes my hand.

"She brought us a gift," Zara says then he smiles.

"Oh how lovely, thank you so much Becca," his dad says.

"Caleb why don't you show her around get her some food," his dad says then Caleb nodded.

"Yeah I was about to but you guys hold her," he says then they laugh.

"Okay hon, enjoy the party," his mom says before both of them left us two.

"Sorry," he says then I shake my head.

"Don't be, your parents are very kind," I say while we're walking around the backyard, we were about to get into an empty table until a girl which has the same eyes and hair color as Caleb suddenly greet me.

"So here she is," she says while smiling at me.

"Kai please," Caleb says and I can only smile at her.

"Hi, I'm Kiara his older sister you can call me kai, you must be Becca," Kiara shakes my hand while smiling.

"Hi it is nice to meet you," I smile at her.

"You're so pretty, guess my brother has a very good taste," Kiara says which makes me smile.

"Thank you," I shyly smile.

"Of course I do," Caleb says to his sister which makes her laugh.

"Caleb why don't you get her some food or drink? I'll take her to the table," she says then he nodded before leaving us two.

"Welcome to our house," Kiara says.

"Thank you," I smile.

"I haven't heard so much about you so I'm curious, because Caleb doesn't really talk about his love life," Kiara says then I chuckle.

"But you're the first girl he brought home so you must be very important for him," she says then somehow it makes me smile.

"Here there's aunt Darla, and her kids and husband," Kiara says pointing at the lady that I've met before.

"I've met her," I say then she looks surprised.

"Really? When?" She asks.

"Caleb and I were going out and somehow met them," I say then she nodded.

"Oh yeah?" She asks then I nodded.

"Nice," she says.

"There's my other brother Ray, Caleb's younger brother and there's Elvira our little sister," Kiara says pointing them one by one.

"There's grandpa and grandma, they probably curious about you," she chuckles then I smile.

"It's lovely," I say then Kiara smile.

"What's lovely?" She asks me then I smile.

"You guys," I say then she smiles back.

"Thank you," she nodded.

"And oh there's my fiancé he just got here, I gotta go Caleb will bring you food," she says before leaving me alone sitting at the round table.

Thank god it doesn't take too long for Caleb to get back because I have no idea what to do. He walks towards me with two plat on his hand, he puts the plate right in front of me before sitting next to me.

"Thank you," I said.

"My grandparents are insisting me to introduce you to them," he chuckles before begin to eat.

"But I said I'm going to let you eat first," he says then I chuckle.

"Your family is very friendly," I say then he smiles at me.

"Thank you," he says.

"What did my sister say about me? Did she tell you about my embarrassing stories?" He asks then I can only laugh.

"No," I laugh.

"Anyway how's school last week?" He suddenly asks.

"It went just normal," I say then he nodded.

"How about you?" He asks the he only shake his head.

"It was nothing," he says.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asks then I shake my head.

"I have no plan," I say.

"Me too," he says before started to smile.

"Let's go out?" He asks then I nodded.

"God we haven't even finished this family gathering," I say then he chuckles.

"Let's watch movies at my house how about that?" I ask then he nodded.

"Sounds perfect," he says then I chuckle.

"Okay," I say.